We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Mississippi Gulf...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Hello all. We are looking for a romantic restaurant on the North Shore to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I have done a search here and on the internet, and I purchased a Kauai guidebook but I am still not sure!? One of the biggest problems is that my husband does not like seafood and I can't always find a menu or a website to some of the restaurants that I come across. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

I wouldl recommend either the Mediteranean Gourmet or the Kauai Grill at the St. Regis. I have not eaten at the St. Regis yet, but it gets good reviews and the setting is wonderful, although $$$$.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Oops!; Forgot to mention that nearly all full service restaurants on Kauai have some non-seafood entrees.

California
Level Contributor
38,381 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

I've eaten at both restaurants at The St Regis and I loved them, but Kauai Grill most of all. They have other things besides fish. I had the "to die for" lamb.

Another place many like (but not me as much) is Postcards. It is an organic type restaurant in an old plantation home in the heart of Hanalei.

If you feel like driving 30 minutes consider Hukilau Lanai in Kapaa. I order the mixed seafood but they make a mean meatloaf and a great steak and prime rib.

St Regis gets my first vote but just a warning it is very expensive.

Artesia, New Mexico
Level Contributor
212 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Kauai Grill is fantastic and the setting can't be beat for a romantic dinner. You can make a reservation on Open Table also.

Mississippi Gulf...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Thank you both for the info! Is it nessicary to make reservations before hand at the Kauai Grill or the Mediteranean Gourmet? The Kauai Grill sounds like it might be a good option since we would be able to walk there.

Mississippi Gulf...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

I just saw the post above and the number for reservations on the St Regis website. I will give them a call and mention that it is for our 10th anniversary. We already have a couples massage scheduled for that morning there. :)

It was one of the places I was considering so I really appreciate the first hand experience recommendations.

California
Level Contributor
38,381 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

Reservations are really a must at Kauai Grill as they are closed Sundays and Mondays I think and quite popular. Makana Terrace is a nice option and ask to be seated outside if you decide on that restaurant. I just found the food better at Kauai Grill. Make a resie for 6:30 to 7 to enjoy the sunset.

8. Re: North Shore Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 07:21