We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

Just a friendly reminder to anyone on the island in August: We are getting together on Thursday, August 12th at 3:00 p.m. for Happy Hour at the Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu.

1941 Poipu Road

Poipu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii 96756

P. 808.245.6266

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

Marti....

we will absolutely be there, and will have an aloha gift of the Mauna Loa helicopter brochure, and very nice dvd for you all.

Perfect day for us , also, as I do not have to be up at Oh dark thirty to go to work.

Looking foward to seeing you both.

Mahalo for the reminder. I think there was a few others who plan on sharing the TA friendship table at Kalapaki Joes, in Poipu.

For those new to the island.....

Kalapaki Joes Poipu, is indeed on poipu road, on the makai side.

Next to the reception office of Poipu Kai Resort. ( suite paradise ).

Sits back a bit, but is between the Poipu Shopping Village and Pe'e Road/Koloa Bypass Road.

Big giant Banyon Tree in the parking lot, and they have some new signs, with Kalapaki Joes logo out on the side of poipu road.

This is gonna be fun !

Denny and Erica

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

I emailed Kalapaki Joe's and they are setting aside an area for us. They are excited to have the TA folks come and visit.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

I plan to come too, so save a seat for me! I have scheduled my clients around this gathering. Haven't been to the Poipu Kalapaki Joe's yet. Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing familiar faces as well!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

Should we wear name badges with our TA names on it! LOL!! See you all soon. I'm looking forward to is.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

bump

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

Good plan with the " bump" Marti...

It is about 10am here on thurs. our "happy hour" day at Kalapaki Joes, poipu.

We are going for a short hike/walk, and enjoying the day...which is beautiful here in Lihue, and Ha'upu Mountain is telling us that Poipu is the same.

Of course, loads of rain was predicted as I was driving home from work earlier today. maybe so on the north shore ????

Erica may, or may not come along with me, but I will be there. She wants to come, but has a situatiion that may not allow that. Last minute decision.

I will be there a little early, ( 3pm)... probably at the bar. Would love to share some flyiing stories with you all. And , will have that package for you.

Looking forward to seeing you all, Christiane, Julie, Janet, and the entire happy crew of TA'ers, and their significantg others..

New faces and smiles at our friendship table. Good stuff !

Denny

Edited: 12 August 2010, 21:24
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

What a fabulous gathering we had tonight!!! So lucky to meet Kalapakidooley, Hula4Me, Mezzsop, Chickmama (+ 2 children), Christiane_L_09 (+ husband), Earlgrayer (+wife and 2 children, (a fellow Moorpark resident), BlackpoolBelle (+husband) and ME! (MartiK + husband and niece). We missed you Janet! We had a wonderful time and shared some great stories! Mezzsop and I stayed late and talked some more. What a lovely lady! What all had a great time. We will post some pictures soon..... Thanks to all for making the effort to come. Kapakai Joe's did a wonderful job with keeping the multiple food orders and keeping the drinks flowing.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

It WAS a terrific time! If you weren't there, you should have been! It is so much fun putting faces to names and we certainly never seem to lack for things to talk about! I am so glad you put it together, Marti! Mahalo!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

We have always enjoyed Kauai TA get togethers. Am looking forward to one in October. Hint, hint 3 chi's and jbett.

Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: TA get together on August 12 at Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu

I had such a great time meeting you all (notice I didn't say "y'all" :D ). It is always wonderful to put online faces to names. Martik, thanks for getting us together! Christiane, I hope you guys have a comfy flight home today.

Kalapaki Joe's, thanks for the great (but messy) fish tacos!