We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Trying to find out where the delicious ice cream that they served at Guava Kai came from -Haven't been able to find Guava or coconut or Kona coffee as good anywhere else.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,901 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

I like:

Coconut (Haupia) - Roselani

Kona Coffe - Lappert's

Guava - possibly Tropical Dreams

California
Level Contributor
37,218 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Didn't Guava Kai close about 3 or 4 years ago? If so I don't think Tropical Dreams was open then.

Have you tried Tropical Dreams akoshima? It is really good. I haven't had their Guava, but I think their Coconut is awesome as is their Ginger Creme. Oh heck, it's all good.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,901 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

I was giving my current likes. Yes, GK closed a few years ago. And I believe we had Tropical Dreams ice cream on the Big Island before that.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Used to go to GK all the time for the juice and stuff and they had a nice little garden out back. not so little actually.. Don't remember the Ice cream.

I tried Tropical Dreams at Kilauea video. It is excellent and many flavors but I like Lapperts better.

The Roselani is fantastic as is the Meadow Gold for local ice cream. They even have Macadamia nut flavors with plenty nuts.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Not a big ice cream fan, but I do heart the Roselani "haupia" flavor - pretty pricey though.

Also I found out that the premium vanilla ice cream "Kirkland" brand at Costco is pretty darn tasty too when you have a craving.

Also their hand-dipped ice cream chocolate bars at the Food court - uh-oh, looks like I might have the ice cream craving!

I have no idea where Guava Kai used to get their ice cream from myself.

Malama Pono,

Janet

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

pzp & Janet,

Foodland has Roselani on sale - the 56 oz cartons for $4.77 with the Maikai Card.......

I have no idea what GK served for ice cream either...

3Chihuahuas

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well, I just don't crave it enough to drive all the way over to Kapa'a to Foodland for it I'm afraid.

I think I'll survive without it though - somehow! lol

Mahalo for the "scoops" (haha) anyhow!

Malama Pono,

Janet

8. Re: Where did Guava Kai get it's Ice Cream From?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 06:18