So - we have found 3 places to stay for our May trip to Kauai.
What I think I "know"-
- Swimming beaches only at Hanalei Bay and Kiahuna Plantation.
- Newer resort at WBR. Hanalei Bay and Kiahuna Plantation are older but may have better beach access.
- I have searched here and WBR and HBR restaurants are closed from what I can tell. Not sure that is a deal breaker - but I wonder if the resort is struggling and may go downhill a bit?
- Hanalei Bay - we can get a "ride to the beach for $3.00. But cannot park near our condo. OK pool.
- Kiahuna Plantation - easy walk to beach but pool is across the street.
- Waipouli Beach Resort - really good pool but on a busy street?
As you see we have chosen a property on the North, South, and East side. Each gives us great swimming oportunities either by pool or beach. All are within the budget. We can cook in or eat out at all 3.
So - here is where we need help. Which would you recommend - based on the property and what is around it? Shopping, activities and the general condition of the property?
I would love to hear your thoughts!