We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
354 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Arriving Lihue 7:00PM Thanksgiving day. Staying in town for one night before going to Princeville on Friday. Any suggestions for dinner would be appreciated..

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Dukes, 22 North or Sheraton in Poipu. 7pm might be getting kind of late, but I would hop on reservations now.

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
354 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Thanks jebett. I will book today...

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Plantation Gardens is also advertising Thanksgiving Dinner. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Poipu.

www.pgrestaurant.com/pdf/PG_thanksgiving.pdf

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Plantation Gardens at Kiahuna in Poipu is also advertising what sounds like a nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner -- I think it is $29 per person.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

So where are you staying that one night, in Lihue? If they idea is to not have to be driving too far that first night I'd strongly recommend Duke's. Are you staying close to the Marriott and the airport? If so, it would be ideal.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

That's late arriving in Lihue for Thanksgiving dinner. By the time you got luggage and your car, another hour. I'd go right to the Marriott, and not spend time driving to Poipu. Dukes would be fine.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'd highly recommend Duke's at the Lih'ue Marriott as well - it is 5 minutes from the airport, has a gorgeous view of Kalapaki Bay and a lovely tropical ambiance - and just plain, good food - it is probably my favorite restaurant here on Kaua'i.

By the time you get in, get your luggage, your car - I wouldn't want to drive over here to the Po'ipu area in order to eat personally (about half an hour drive from Lihu'e) - I'd rather go someplace closeby where I can relax and get into the island swing of things right away.

Dining early is the norm around here and I think you'd be well advised to eat someplace fairly closeby myself.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
354 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Thank you all so much for the great advice. Dukes it is. We are staying at the Kauai Inn Thursday night then going to Mauna Kai in Princeville for a week. We have never been to Kauai before and are really looking forward to the trip.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The Kaua'i Inn is a great little place in Niumalu - very closeby to Duke's as well - you'll have a very short drive between your dining choice and your Inn.

Lovely little place in a residential neighborhood down from the harbor....I think you'll like it a lot - as you will Duke's!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Help!

For staying at the Kauai Inn Duke's would be a great dinner spot that first night. Any other place would be somewhat removed from the Kauai Inn. Just keep in mind that the Kauai Inn is in a somewhat remote and hidden spot. Keeps your eyes open because it could be hard to spot in the dark. To warn you in advance, you might think you've gone too far or gone the wrong way. Just so you don't say that and turn around. It's a nice little place.

Edited: 05 November 2010, 23:02