We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

http://www.bokill.fotki.com/hawaii-kauai/

Here is link to some landscape photos from our trip to Kauai from Dec 20th to Dec 29th 2010. Thanks for all those that helped with the trip... richinpa, koloagirl, pzp, dave820, napaguy, jebett and all others..

At present Fotki, the site where I host my images, does not provide a full screen view, so you can click on each photo to see a larger image or simple use the slide show button above the first image.

I have arranged the photos by region...East, West, South and North with Na Pali getting its own section. I have some commentary associated with some of the photographs where applicable to make it sort of a pseudo trip report. Some of the images are panorama with 3 images taken side by side and "stitched" together to give a wider range of view.

Although the forecast was rain on most of the days, we were able to plan which side we went to and as a result, only a couple of days were a total washout. Even on those days, we got some great views of waterfalls and cloud enshrouded mountains. So all you Kauai goers, if you see rain in the forecast, don't stress out..

I will also post the Oahu pictures shortly on the Oahu forum.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,649 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

WOW, what beautiful photos!!! I put some Iz on, sat back and enjoyed! Will you be writing a TR too?

Mahalo!

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. It made me realize it's time for another Na Pali Coast tour.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
730 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Excellent photos! You really had fun with composition in a truly gorgeous place ... MAN, do I want to go back to Kauai! Thanks for taking the time to post and organize your shots.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

WOW!! These are beautiful pics and totally gets me in the mood for KAUAI!!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Beautiful images!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Beautiful! We'll be there in less than a month!!!

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Bigdaddy, you must have been so busy to take and see so much in the nine days you were there. What you did with your photos really psyched me up for my first Kauai visit. I can hardly imagine a place like this exists. Thank you for the spectacular shots you took and shared. The mist, sun, rainbows and clouds prove that perfect days are what we make them. Sun, rain, clouds, cold...it doesn't matter. It is what we make of each day. Simply awesome man!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Thanks guys!!. i am glad that you liked them...btw, we were listening to Iz songs too all the time in the car while we were driving around..

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

OK, at the risk of sounding stupid.....who is Iz?? Its been about 5 years since I've been to Kauai so I am a bit out of touch with the music. That will change though, we will be there early March!

Mahalo,

Leslie

denville, nj
Level Contributor
706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Images of Kauai - A Kauai Photo Journey

Mahalo for the gorgeous pictures. The mists in the mountains are mesmerizing, and I agree that the one pic is reminiscent of Alaska(except as you said for the temps).