We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PoiPu

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
395 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
PoiPu

looking to rent house, condo for family of 5 in June 2012

Suggestions??? We will be with friends who have a time share

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PoiPu

There are lots of great condos and homes to rent in Poipu. Tell us a little more about what you are looking for -- cost, on the beach or don't care, number of bedrooms, etc.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,268 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PoiPu

I am a huge supporter of planning ahead.....year out in some cases (High season).......but I would probably advise against on booking anything this far out.....(16 months). Accommodation wise.

There still seems to be a fairly unstable climate in the real Estate/ Foreclosure arena...and it would invite increased risk to Book and send Deposits at this early date.

Certainly...continue to read up and famiarize yourself with the area...Poipu is a terrific choice .

Keep in mind many of the private homes and condos do not have A/C..if that is an issue for anyone in your party. I notice you will be vistiing in Summer.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: PoiPu

Where is your friend's timeshare? Presume you want to be nearby them. Agree with Wanderlust. It's a good idea to start doing your research but I wouldn't lock anything in yet. Give yourself time to research. Many places open up their reservations calendar a year in advance.

So let us know what timeshare your friends own at and an idea of your budget per night.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,707 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PoiPu

We love Poipu Kapili.

http://www.poipukapili.com/

We also like the Kiahuna Plantation and the Marriott Waiohai is nice.

But as Napaguys says, it depends on where your friends time share is and if you want to be walkable between the two places or is a 5 minute drive okay too?

5. Re: PoiPu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:17