We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

Just my wife and I traveling, staying in Starwood property. But we have a car and are willing and able to go about anywhere. We want to play at least one round of golf, and enjoy all kinds of hiking, canoeing, viewing gardens, etc...... Can anyone offer ideas please?

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

Hi Illini76 -- Take a look at the answers to the questions posted along the right side of the Kauai Forum page and I think you will get some good ideas. As far as golf, I'd suggest you do the Makai course there in Princeville. It is recently renovated and should be in excellent condition. For a less expensive round you might check out Puakea in Lihue or the County cocurse in Wailua.

Illini77

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

Thx very much for the suggestions...... Could you also tell me how much time I should plan driving from Princeville to Waimea? I get the impression it could be a few hours. We would like to do a cruise and I need to get a handle on timing..... Thank you

California
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

Driving time to Waimea is about 2 hours.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

We're arriving same date to the Westin. There is a lot to do on Kauai. How long will you be staying? Depending on how much time you have you can plan what you want to do. If your time is short you might want to plan the trip to Waimea do see as much as you can on the south shore to cut down on driving...

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

You could do Alerton Gardens in Lawai on your Waimea day. It's regarded as the best garden on the island. Limahuli at the end of the road on the north side is nice also.

A nice little hike is Kuilau Ridge at the top of Kuamo'o near the arboretum in Wailua.

If you're into grilling, take advantage of the excellent BBQ facilities at the Westin. The "carriage road" pathway on the side of the Westin is a pleasant little walk down to the end of Anini, but watch your footing if it's slippery.

6. Re: Arr. 3/5th to Westin Princeville Villas... any recomend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 03:16