We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

I could probably call the hotel directly, but since I'm online reading Kauai posts, I'm wondering if anyone knows what the Hyatt charges for a late check out, and how late is the latest we could stay? I'm fine paying $100 or so for this priviledge, just don't want to pay for an additional night at >$400. We'll be checking out around 6:30 pm. Thank you!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

Maybe you can avoid paying anything extra. We stayed at the Hyatt last summer, and I asked about late checkout and was told if they didn't need the room that day I could checkout late with no extra charge. On the last day, I was told they did need the room, but that we could leave our luggage with the desk, and we used the spa facilities (free) to clean up when we were ready to leave. This might not be what you need, but it worked fine for us.

Huahine, French...
Level Contributor
755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

Have you signed up for Hyatt Gold Passport?

The membership benefits states "Late check-out upon request (subject to availability)"

I'm sure availability is very limited at the extremely popular Grand Hyatt Kauai, but you're more apt to get late check-out as a member than a non-member...even better if you're a platinum or diamond member.

toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

We just returned from the Hyatt on Monday. They wouldn't let us keep the room later, had to be out by noon but they stored our luggage and gave us a hospitality suite for an hour to shower etc. Worked out nicely.

Southlake, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Kauai Late Check out -- What is extra cost?

We were able to arrange a late checkout (stayed in the room until 6P) for an additionaly 150. For us, it was well worth it as our flight didnt leave until 11P. I made the request the first thing in the morning (in person at the front desk) on the day we were leaving. The Hyatt staff were very accomodating.