We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 6 :(

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day 6 :(

So I thought I would be nice and let the family sleep in.

Attended the Alii Kai weekly orientation and continental breakfast.

Came back up to condo and cooked breakfast in while everyone finished getting ready.

Went to Anini Beach for some snorkeling. Very very windy and lite showers off and on. Kids enjoyed themselves saw some fish.

Went to Hanalei Pier and then Kee Beach. After all that driving and playing in the water, we realized we were a bit hungry.

What's for lunch??..... Kalypsos, I know I know, there's so many other places to try but I wanted to try their lunch since breakfast there was delucious. I had the Ono and crab wraps, son had the calimari tacos, daughter had the club sandwich and bf had the Hawaiian burger. We all shared the steak nachos.... Boy it was a lot of food, we skipped lunch because even at 8pm we were still stuffed.

Walked around Hanalei and found a walnut/macademian nut shop. Couldn't resist and bought a few bags to bring back home.

Stopped at the shops in Princeville Center (pretty empty) and walked around a little.

Came back to condo and hit the jacuzzi after making me a cup of nice cold Mai Tai.

Watched sunset from The Cliff and it was beautiful, even with a few clouds around.

Tomorrow we have a kayak/hike scheduled so will let u guys know how that goes. Tomorrow's our last full day and not very happy about it.

Mentioned in this post
Anini Beach
Anini Beach
678 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
Nani Kai Adventures
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Princeville Ranch
Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Hawaii Adventure Center
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Air Tours
Island Adventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Sightseeing Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
California
Level Contributor
39,594 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 6 :(

I got scared when I saw the unhappy smiley face, but I know that feeling of realizing you are packing the bags soon and getting back to reality. I think Kalypsos is a great spot to enjoy lunch or dinner (in Hanalei) especially with kids. It has that Jimmy Buffet vibe and the selections of drinks and entrees is very good.

Is that nut place the one close to Wake Up Cafe across from the back entrance to Kaylpsos? I haven't been in there because it doesn't open until after I am so stuffed with Over The Falls French Toast at WUCafe. Did you try the smoothie place too. Pinkies?

Boy when I was at the Princeville Center last week it was packed! I had to wait 15 minutes to get a Lapperts gift certificate. I guess the weather has improved so much more people are at the beach.

Enjoy your last day and have a mai tai for me and everyone else on the board. Whooohoo!

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 6 :(

Yes right behind the Wake Up Cafe. I was so stuffed from such a big lunch but I still managed to do a little nut tasting, they are soooo good. We didn't try the smoothies there since we were so full but you never know.

I'm really enjoying Kauai and hate to think tomorrow night were on our way home.

California
Level Contributor
39,594 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 6 :(

Can I make a recommendation to you and others about taking a night flight home? I have two words for you...EAR PLUGS!

My daughter just returned yesterday morning and she said the plane (Delta) was like a preschool/daycare center. The entire 1/4 of the plane were babies crying all night. Our day flight on Alaska was the same. I think young families are taking advantage of the good airfares and flocking to the islands. Good for them, but if you are sitting in front or behind an unhappy baby who cries for 5 hours, its not fun. We had one of those on our flight home. I felt for the mom and dad!!!! So if you are sensitive to noise, need to sleep, get ear plugs or a set of headphones to muffle the noise.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 6 :(

We were pretty lucky on our way here. We did have two little ones but very well behaved, hoping for the same thing going back home

denville, nj
Level Contributor
742 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 6 :(

Kauai Nut Roasters IS wonderful. Stopped there last year. Love the unusual flavors they have. I sympathize with you about the sad face because your time on Kauai is almost over. Enjoy the rest of your time. and make plans to come back.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,867 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 6 :(

Aloha,

Mahalo and hope you get the most out your last day.

Aloha

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 6 :(

enjoy every moment - and start planning that next trip back to Kauai!! :)

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 6 :(

Enjoying your trip reports. Sorry you have to come back home. Reality bites, doesn't it?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 6 :(

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Hope your last day is full of fun like all your others! Our weather today has turned a little bit towards grey and windy (at least on the South and East) and I hope you are getting some sun up North!

The only thing to help your Kaua'i blues will be planning your return visit (either that or doing what I did and moving here!). Do that as quickly as possible and you can start looking forward to that!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 6 :(

Can't imagine going to Kauai for just 1 week! Glad you enjoyed your short time there. We love Kalypso happy hour. Great food specials as well as drink specials. Makes for a good cheap early dinner.