We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Lodging

settosail
1 post
Save Topic
Kauai Lodging

Which one to chose? Aston Islander on the Beach, Aston Aloha Beach Hotel, Courtyard Kauai at Coconut Beach Or Kauai Beach Resort. The Sheraton looks nice but the price is over $200 which I am trying to keep the price below. Any suggestions on any of these? If flying into Lihue is it far from any of these hotels? Thanks for all the advice everyone has this website is sure helpful.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,630 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Lodging

How about a few more details - like when are you coming to Kauai? How long will you be on island? Who is traveling with? Amenities you need/want? You will be renting a car? Thanks - the extra details will really help others to help you. :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Lodging

any of the mapping services will show you just how far these are from the airport.

KBR -- 2 miles tops, the rest in kapaa 5-6 miles. Sheraton -- more like 15-18.

I'd rank them Sheraton, KBR, Islander, Courtyard, Aloha Beach. The last one is a bigger step down. Others might flip Islander vs KBR.

all are heavily reviewed under the hotel tab.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Lodging

If you can get by without full hotel ammenities check out Waipouli Beach resort. We just had a great trip there. Having the condo kitchen can save you a bundle on food and drinks. It is in central Kapa'a and right across the street from stores and starbucks etc..

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Lodging

I'm one of the ones that would Islander and KBR -- but only because you can walk to a number of restaurants and shops from Islander (such as Hukilau Lanai, one of my favorites) and the access to the beachside walking path.

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai Lodging

No to Aloha Beach. No to Courtyard. Yes to the others.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,096 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kauai Lodging

The Sheraton is the farthest away yet still only a 25-30 minute ride. The Sheraton is in Poipu. All the others are on the east shore.

Do you want to be on a swimming beach? If so, the Sheraton is the only one that is out of those you've listed. That and the fact that it is going through a complete renovation sets it apart from the others. Only caveat: when are you travelling? The renovation will be concluded in September. When complete, it will be worth the extra money.

Clinton ,MA
Level Contributor
210 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kauai Lodging

I am trying to decide where will be best to stay on Kauai. Will be there April 2012 (first time). Only 3-4 days. Looking for small condo rental or hotel (oceanview at the least). Will be doing a Napali coast boat tour so thought North shore of island would be better.But would be open to East side if it is doable for travel. Couple I have thought about: Sealodge and Waipouli Beach Resort.

Have read couple guide books but so MANY places to choose from. Would Love some narrowing down help. Cathy

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,630 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kauai Lodging

So Cathy - what is your budget? Many folks like staying east so they have easy access to either side of the island . . . and then others have their preference for particular areas. Do stay for 4 days or more if you can! :)

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kauai Lodging

Sealodge has great views and is very budget friendly, but its better for just 2 people and not large parties. The units are small as is the lanai. WBR is totally a different vibe. Its more modern, located on the East side where swimming is not advisable and is in a busier location. If you want to be centrally located this would be fine. The pool is great. Just remember that in April the boats might go out of the North Shore and might not. Its a transition month for North Sore swells. Last year they went out early.

As much as I am in the camp of staying on the North Shore, I think with such few days you should consider the East side. Islander On The Beach and Kauai Coast Beach Resort would be my picks.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kauai Lodging

I agree with jebett. Sealodge has beautiful views, but they are small. Very budget friendly. Prob best if you stay East.