We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

Tampa, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

We arrive on kauai on tuesday and are curious about the condition of the two trails. We have hiked both two times and have seen completely different conditions. We are just curious to see if the tunnel trail is chopped back right now or if it has the bushes grown over the trail into the little tunnels you have to crawl through. Any info anybody can supply would be greatly appreciated. We are so excited to get back to kauai we can hardly stand it.

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

Sorry, I haven't done either of those recently, or even in the past year. Too much to do around the house, lately, not enough time for hiking.

If you go, please give us a report, I'm curious too.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
823 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

I will second that. I will be there in Sept and I would really like an update on Honopu as well- have not heard anything on it in quite a while now and we are planning on hiking it.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

We hiked it in November and the ferns were really tall. Yes, there are areas where it's a tunnel! It was marked with orange ribbon which made the trail easy to follow. Without the ribbons there would have been a couple of confusing intersections. What a view at the end. The only problem we had was past the 1st view point with the rail there were a lot of bees on that steep switchback. There must have been a hive close by. I was a little nervous as I am allergic to them.

4. Re: secret tunnel and honopu ridge trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:17