We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

Just to let everyone know (I didn't see this posted)..but the Southern Star is back to doing a dinner cruise. it is a 4 hour steak and shrimp sail to Napali Coast instead of the 3 hour Prime Rib Poipu

My plan was to take the BBQ sail to Napali and then the Poipu sail. Now I don't know that I want to do both as they go to the exact same spot.

I have heard that the Napali coast is prettier later in the day due to the sun, but also choppier right?

need to decide on which one

I am going in october.

Another decision to make...i thought I finally had it decided!!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

I'm processing photos now from our BBQ cruise and so many are over r under oexposed or have glare because of the sun. I wish we could have done an afternoon cruise. But there is the possibility of being rougher. Just depends on your equilibrium and what you want from the cruise.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

so the sun is coming up over the island so you are facing the sun when taking picures of the coast.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

Had they discontinued the Southern Star for some reason? Hadn't heard that.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

they had stopped the prime rib dinner...someone on TA was going to go and they stopped it...I had heard they were going to be working on something knew..so the changed the route.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

If you go on the morning cruise, the sun is just coming up over the island making for difficult photos.

6. Re: Southern Star - Dinner cruise back on!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 19:19