We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Na Pali Boat Tours

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Na Pali Boat Tours

Just how rough does the trip get in July? I understand the trip to Naiihau can be jarring, but what about the ones that stay closer to the coastline - like Liko? I ask because my son broke several vertebrae in his back a year and a half ago and though completely healed now, we want his back to remain that way. He's been on a boat and snorkeling without issue since the accident, but it was a sailboat with more rolling and not slamming motion.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Na Pali Boat Tours

It's all relative. July can see calmer waters (once you round the southwest point and head north to the Napali) than most other months. It's not to say though that it would be fine for your situation.

That's about the most that I can say for you. I'd be hesitant to tell you to go for it or not. Your best resource would be the boat companies themselves and your son's doctor.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Na Pali Boat Tours

July should be okay. I would pick one of the boat companies and call ahead explaining your situation and ask them to take that into consideration. Everyone I've ever dealt with on Kauai will go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable and safe trip.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,252 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Na Pali Boat Tours

We took Captain Andy's sunset dinner cruise and it was on a large 40' catamaran. It was extremely smooth and not jarring at all like a motor boat would be. You might consider a Napali Boat tour on a catamaran.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Na Pali Boat Tours

Avoid the zodiacs and stick with the catamarans and you will be ok.

5. Re: Na Pali Boat Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:16