We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going back to Kaui possibly

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
407 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Going back to Kaui possibly

Back in June we were geared up to visit our fav. place on earth, Kaui. But unfortunately we had to canceled everything a few days before the travel date due to my hubby sudden illness. A healthy and strong man that hardly ever get sick in his 20 years of teaching. My hubby was hospitalized for several weeks, and now is home with hospice with a few months to live. My heart is aches and heavy...

I want to spend our last few months together if possible I want to take him back to Kaui as soon as he get little stronger. I am hoping this is possible. I just want to see him happy and smile, and enjoying his few moments with me by sitting on the beach watching the sun going down together. I am hoping I can pull this trough.

Please give me a feed back if this is possible.

Thanks

Jade

California
Level Contributor
35,791 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Oh my heart aches for you and I am so sorry, Jade.

I hope you can go to Kauai and the energy there always makes me feel better. Just make sure your doctor gives the okay, you have knowledge of the hospitals and doctors on the island, and you hug each other a lot.

God bless you both!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,370 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Oh, I hope so. This just makes my heart ache for you both . . . you will be in my prayers and do let us know if you get to come back to beloved Kauai.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

I do remember when you had to cancel your trip. This is a terrible turn of events. I feel very badly for you and your husband and will root for you in your efforts to pull off this trip.We'll be here to help you in any way we can. Would it be helpful to you to have a caregiver go with you? That is my first thought.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,370 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Napaguy - that is a good idea. Also, maybe contact hospice in Kauai - see what thoughts they had on making a trip like this a bit easier for you both.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,378 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Jade, my heart goes out to you and your hubby. I believe you can do this. Along with the other ideas already posted, here's another:

http://accessiblekauai.com/default.aspx

Do you have some target dates to come? We'll all start helping you look for some great deals.

Stay strong,

3Chihuahuas

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Jade, I am so sorry. Here is another place should you require any medical equipment or assistance. They were a great help to me on our last trip.

http://www.gammie.com/default.asp

Good luck to you both.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

I echo all the kind sentaments of the others with you Jade. I remember when you had to cancel your trip. :( (And I also remember how you and I smiled and laughed about a certain funny post (item name) on TA.)

I sincerely hope both of you can go back to Kaua'i, find more love and joy in your lives. I think it would be wonderful for the both of you. (As Dad used to tell me, we don't have the promise of tomorrow, so we must live, love, and cherish!)

Aloha Jade and all!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

I am sorry. My heart aches for you.

My dad was told he only had a few months to live. He was 56. I asked him what his last wish was and he had always wanted to go to Rome, Italy for a personal pilgrimage. So I took him to Rome.

Although it was a very long trip, he was able to make it just fine. It was not all roses when we were there and yes, there were some tough times. But it was his wish and it is a great memory. If your husband is able to make the trip and the doctor is saying he could go, then go for it. Do it soon.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

My heart goes out to you and I hope you find a way to come back to Kauai and I totally understand what you are going through.... I hope you go with some help and have all the info on the doctors there if needed.

A very dear friend of mine, also loves Hawaii, made 2 trips to Oahu last year while battling cancer, she did it and everything she wanted to do before she unfortunately lost her battle...she lived aloha, never complained, even on her last day, had a huge party with all her close family and friends, had a shave ice machine, magician for the kids, she thanked everyone for their love and it felt like we were all in Hawaii that day being a warm, sunny day and a bit windy...celebrate life every day, she taught us all. My heart goes out to you and you're in my prayers.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,528 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Going back to Kaui possibly

Aloha Jade,

Sorry to hear about your Husband.

Please check your PM.

Aloha