We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

NJ
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

Want to book our helicopter tour...we will be on our honeymoon and have never done one before. I've narrowed it down to these 2 companies...Is one better than the other? Thanks!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

Jack Harter himself began the helicopter tour industry on Kauai. It's been around the longest, flying to remote spots on the island to get rainfall readings for the weather service and transporting movie stars and crews around when the film industry hit Kauai.

Just a little history there. So much will depend on your actual pilot but I lean towards recommending Jack Harter. My understanding is that when they quote you an air time you really get that full time in the air.

Edited: 04 August 2011, 22:53
Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
838 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

I have it narrowed down to those 2 as well. Leaning towards the Jack just cause I think i might like doors off. Also I would hate to get stuck in a middle back seat and that won't happen with the seating arrangements on the Hughes 500's.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

Our first helo tour on Kauai, was many years ago, with Jack Harter , himself, and we think a lot of his company. Since then we have flown with a few others , and they were also excellent.

If flying again, I would also like to go with the doors off Jack Harter flight, with good views from all the seats. Plus, Erica is a photo psycotic.

And, she will be taking her sis and BIL on Moana Loa doors off R-44, on their special custom photo flight. She will be breifing with the pilot the areas that she has in mind, as well as some that he might be able to add in. Actually, she will be chartering all of the seats on the helo....a private photo charter.

Also, please understand,

Blue Hawaiian is a class outfit , with raised platform rear seats, but as mentioned, two of those seats are in the middle. As to how much of a problem that would be for visibility, I cannot say, since we have not flown with them.

Just chose what feels good to you, and it will be the correct decision.

Enjoy

Denny

Edited: 05 August 2011, 06:16
Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

I have flown both and like both but my first choice is Jack Harter given it's longer flights (full hour vs 55 minutes and a choice of a 90 minute flight also). I feel that their pilots are a little more personable also but that is variable and personal preference only. They are slightly more expensive but I feel in balance they are worth it. I would try them first and if you cannot make them fit your schedule and plans then I would check on BH.

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

i know you say you're considering only Jack Harter and Blue Hawaiian, but if you haven't, take a look at Mauna Loa. We used them for our first ever heli tour in June and they were great. Assuming it will only be two of you, you'll have your own helicopter and there's no middle seat to worry about getting stuck in. The pilot was super cool too. Professional and felt very safe, even without doors haha

6. Re: Blue Hawaiian of Jack Harter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 02:18