We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

27 days till Kauai!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
27 days till Kauai!

Is it too soon to pack?

3Chihuahuas

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

You mean 26 and a wake up....yahoooooo.....the island awaits...as do those fish that will be looking at the bait on that hook of skips fishing rod.

E komo Mai back to the garden island

Denny and Erica

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
838 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

31 days and counting for us!

See you there 3c's!

California
Level Contributor
9,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

I can't remember where I read or saw this, but supposedly the best part of vacation is the planning--about a month before. I definitely don't agree if you're spending time in Kauai, but I bet you're feeling pretty good about now.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
39,721 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

You mean you AREN'T packed yet?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

41 days for me - oh wait......I forgot which board I was on for a minute - there is a thread just like this on my vacation destination forum!!!

Doesn't matter where you live - the "countdown" to vacation - always wonderful and I've been scouting the clothes in my closet that I bought just for the trip - haven't packed them yet though!!

Vacations are wonderful things, no?

Malama Pono,

Janet

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

>>>You mean you AREN'T packed yet<<<

No, but I've gotten the carry-ons out of the closet and checked that zippers still zip, handles are attached, wheels still roll....

Skip, aka Kolohe, needs to get the golf bag carrier down from garage rafters, check to see if reels need re-lined and go thru the tackle box before our next trip to Walmart!

Planning is still fun, especially here on TA, but there's nothing like finally being there, be it Kauai, Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, Paris or wherever! YES, I feel good!

3Chihuahuas

Mentioned in this post
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
838 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

I have got a wedding to help pass the time between now and then. Yeah that might help distract me a bit :)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

If you see my post numbers zooming up here lately - it is far more due to all my questions to my destination forums than it is for our Kaua'i forum I'm afraid!

Such kind and patient people on those forums - and they get about 10x's the traffic with posts than we do here on the Kaua'i forum!

Gotta love TA - and vacations!

Didn't mean to hi-jack "3chi's" thread - kala mai - excuse moi - but I could totally relate to her excitement about vacations and their anticipation!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
9,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

We're leaving on a road trip next week for a family reunion in Golden, CO, but what I'm most looking forward to is the trip home where we're stopping in Taos, Santa Fe, and Garland's Lodge in Oak Creek Canyon. Kauai in 10 months.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
39,721 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 27 days till Kauai!

Jeez, 22! Don't you ever stay home???

Also I am going to organize a Kauai forum TA get together in LA the end of August. I will keep you posted and hope you are around. That will be my "getting excited" trip.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii