We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

Long Beach, ca.
Level Contributor
22 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

WE are staying within walking distance from the Princeville hotel. The resort we're staying ..Bali Hai Villas is "pushing" us to go to Gaylords. They even offer a "Fun Bus" ($8.00). Been to the OLL luau... I think walking is best. Anyone else?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,218 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

IMHO, once you've see OLL you're pretty much spoiled for any other... unless, of course, you enjoy what are ususally stereotypically tourist hula shows. Some people like those as well as the traditional dancing.

Quite frankly, since you've seen the best you can skip the rest. JMO.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

One of the things I like about the Smith's luau is that it's more then just a luau. There are beautiful gardens to wander around in. Perhaps the men in the party aren't too thrilled about that, but I bet the women would be.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

What's the OLL luau?

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

OLL is Old Lahaina Luau on Maui....

new jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

i stayed at the bali hai villas last year at this time and we walked to the princeville luau. i really, really enjoyed it. the princeville hotel is beautiful, the food and the open bar was great, and the dancing was wonderful! haven't been to any others, but i would highly recommend this one. if you don't go to this luau, i still recommend checking out the hotel, it's really worth seeing. the grounds and the lobby, pool area.. are just amazing!

Colorado
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

How is the Princeville luau set-up? Are there hundreds of people each night? When is the luau offered? Prices? Is it worth it? We're staying at the Hanalei Bay Resort, so the Princeville Hotel would be convenient.

Thanks, Snow

Arizona
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

Skisnow- Princeville Luau, Princeville resort conceirge (800) 826-4400 ($75 Adult, $70 Teen, $40 Child). There may be more (or less) information on the Princeville Resort website.

new jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

last year, when i attended, it was only offered thursday night i beleive. there was probably around 75- 100 people there. it flowed really well. well worth it, especially if your close. after all there is an open bar and even if a just have 1 or 2 i wouldn't want to drive around the island with no street lights.

Colorado
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gaylords or Princeville Luau?

Thank you Sophia and Mr.FB...that information is very helpful!

-Skisnow