We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarians at a luau???

DFW, TX
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarians at a luau???

Does anyone know of a good place for vegetarians to experience a luau (one of us eats fish, the other eats no critters at all)? If there are options which is the best, and is there a difference in price for veghetarians? Thanks!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarians at a luau???

Any lu'au will probably have salad, sweet potatoes and other vegies, poi, fish. I doubt that there would be any special pricing.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarians at a luau???

Hi Monkeyfinger,

I eat fish, but no other critters. I find plenty to eat at the Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau. They have Sweet and Sour Mahi dish or maybe it's Ono, which is delicious. There is also Lomi salmon, but you can't really fill up on that.

For the non-fish eater, there's a bean salad, green salad, macaroni salad, fresh fruits, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice pudding, HAUPIA PUDDING and COCONUT CAKE!!! YUM! Plenty to eat!

Smith's has a large variety of foods, so that if you skip over the meats, there are still plenty of choices. Plus you can go back for seconds if you find something you like... such as the HAUPIA CAKE!!!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarians at a luau???

hula, where do you live on Kaua'i?

4. Re: Vegetarians at a luau???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2009, 03:15