We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran help in Kauai

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran help in Kauai

Is there a catamaran in Kauai that we can go for about 1 to 2hr. ride that does not cost a fortune. We don't need to be snorkeling, just want a pretty catamaran ride. Everything I look at is over $100 per person, it usually includes snorkeling and lunch so I'm sure it's worth it but we just want a nice ride and certainly do not want to pay $100 for just a ride.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

Have you checked out Captain Andy's Poipu Sunset Cruise? It's shorter and a nice little trip.

www.napali.com/kauai_sailing/poipu_sunset.php

Edited: 26 August 2011, 01:12
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

I just looked at Capt Andy's website and see that if you reserve at least 7 days before the sail, you save $10 per person. It looks like the sunset sail is on Sundays and includes drinks and pupus. This would make it $59 per adult and $40 per child (versus $69/$50) and children under 2 are free (plus $6.166% tax). It includes a free t-shirt too.

This looks like a good deal.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

We took this cruise in September 2001 and a wonderful time. It was a perfect amount of time, especially with my 2 1/2 year old in tow.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

Yep, the capt andy 2 hr sunset cruise out of kukui 'ula harbor along poipu would be perfect for you.

As the other posters have mentioned, it really is a fun cruise, with snacks and cocktails.....very pleasant.

Denny

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

Is there any afternoon short cruises anywhere?

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

The early a.m. and afternoon cruises of the large catamarans all go up to Napali. (they can generate more income with the longer cruises there). The shorter cruises are the sunset sails along the south shore (already mentioned). Keep in mind though that these shorter sunset sails on the south shore leave early to get in some good photos and time in the sun. I think you rendezvous around 4 p.m or so? There are no 2 hour cruises that go up to Napali. That's not enough time to get there and back.

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

Well, is there any short cruises that don't go to Napali? Just cruises around.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

Are there any short cruises that don't go to Napali ???

Yes, that would take you back to the 2 hour sunset catamaran sails along the south shore as already listed above. This applies to the catamarans which is what you asked about. It's possible to find a smaller inflatable operator or a fishing charter type vessel that don't go the Napali coast. These are all non-scheduled private charters..

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

OK, thanks to all of you that responded so quickly, this is a great web site. We'll pay the price or do the sunset cruise. I'm sure when we get the Kauai it will be go amazing that anything we do will be great.

How about kayaking, is it better to go with a group or on your own.

10. Re: Catamaran help in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:17