We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Jungle House?

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Bamboo Jungle House?

Hello. Does anyone know if the "Bamboo Jungle House" in Kalaheo, Kauai is still open for business? I really want to make a reservation there, but everytime I attempt to use their on-line reservation tool I get an automated reply back that "sorry, no rooms available for your suggested date".......... This happens no matter WHAT days or dates I put on the form (I have tried Tues & Weds, October, Nov., Dec., Jan, etc.). They do NOT list a phone number. I suspect they are for sale or something, as I have tried their link at least once per week for the past 6 weeks and it's always the same.........."no rooms available for your requested dates" which are late March, '12. Any local TripAdvisor "experts" know the scoop?

Thanks!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

That property was listed for sale and then recently was contingent. Just this week, it shows up on the RE listings as withdrawn rather than sold. I can't tell you for sure what that all means, but my best guess is they have decided to stop taking guests.The listing referred to it having been previously a successful B&B.

All info from the listing has been withdrawn from the RE search engine.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

Thank you for the information. I suspected that that was the case (for sale). I had contacted a few of the reviewers on TripAdvisor who had stayed @ this property; they both responded that they LOVED this B&B and would be very shocked if the owners were selling because they seemed to love their property so much, etc.......... This was my first choice of properties for the first three nights of our stay on Kauai. Oh, well ............... maybe I will try again once or twice since you say the property was taken off the RE listings. Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
35,276 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

Mezzsop knows of another good rental in Kaleheo. Maybe she can pass it on.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

Could this possibly be the "Hale O Nanakai"?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

No, it is Guesthouse Kauai. It is not B&B though, but a vacational rental that both I and 3chis have come to love. It is in a beautiful valley just off the main highway. Lush and gorgeous, but different amenities than Bamboo offered. VRBO #31236

6. Re: Bamboo Jungle House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:19