We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

I am looking for a beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c. Prefer to have a pool. I dont care if its a non ocean view condo aslong as its not a huge walk to the beach. Thanks

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,625 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

When are you going? What are your budget parameters?

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

We are planning middle of April. Somewhere in the $200 or less a night.

California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

You probably don't need a/c if you are beachfront and a lot of condos don't have it.

Checkout Kiahuna Plantation on the South Shore (I have heard a few have a/c) and Hanalei Bay Resort on the North. HBR isn't "beachfront" but there is a beach at the bottom of the path. Its on a bluff. I mention HBR because they are air conditioned. On the East side I would look at Waipouli Beach Resort.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 00:43
California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Check Koloa Landing too.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

I recommend Hanalei Bay Resort or Puu Poa. This site should help you find something.

on the map click on a resort to view. Scroll down to take me there to view the actual condos for rent.

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/kauaerials.html

California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Only a very few Puu Poa units have air conditioning and some are a portable unit you have to move room to room. Beware of those types.

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Thanks! Not a whole lot of luck, but im sure if I look harder we will find something.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Waipouli Beach resort was pretty awesome. It is a condo complex, and not a fiull-service resort. The ocean front units will be a bit more than $200 but all of the units are a a very short walk to a very nice beach. It is not really swimmable though. You can get in and get wet but there are rocks etc.. We rented a ground floor unit http://www.kauaicalls.com/properties/WBRE105/

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

Good luck. Air conditioning, beachfront or close, and less than $200 a night are going to be hard to find. True AC (not the portable units that cover one room only) is hard to find on Kauai especially at that price. I don't think you'll need it anyway on Kauai in April. If you remove the AC requirement your options will be wide open

Kelowna
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for beachfront 2 bedroom condo with a/c

We think Waipouli Beach resort is a good fit. In April $175 a night for a 2 bedroom mountain view. I just wonder how busy the bbq's and pools will be. I also read that they are sticky on bringing food and drinks around the pool.