We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

Hey everyone,

My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Kauai for 7 nights at the end of October. What are your top 3 activities? We are 30 and 32..I would definitely love a snorkel trip, zip line, maybe helicopter tour, horseback? anyone taken a boat to Nihau? I heard at some point we have to go to the Na'paali coastline.

We are not much for super touristy...been to a luau, not sure we want to do that again. Our main goal is to have a mix of relaxation and a bit of adventure. I know Kauai isn't a nightlife island, but any cool places to hit up at night...karaoke? neat sushi restaurants, bars?

Any suggestions are a help. And what do we need to book in advance for a trip in Oct? We have the flight, hotel and car so far...

Thanks so much!

Aimee

We are staying at the Westin Princeville.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
819 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

You will love the Westin! We are honeymooning here now. Spent the first 5 days staying south at the Sheraton. You can see my live trip report part one to see what we did.

So far we have done McBirde and Allerton Gardens. I loved Allerton Garden. Mcbride not so much as it is more focused on research, however, my wife like both but she is a master gardner for a hobby so it was up her alley.

We did the Helicopter tour which we both loved! Doors offs with Jack Harter. She was nervous about it but 2 minutes into it she said she lost all fear and was loving it. Highly recommend. If you wan to see Napali this is it unless you are up for some moderate to intense hiking. We did hike Awaawapuhi to the wondrous top of its valley. Simply awesome veiws here. We stay and had picnic lunch. Not hard for us, but may be for some, at 3.25 miles each way with a vertical gain of 1500 feet coming back up.

We did ATV with Kipu Ranch. Great scenery! Hollywood has used their huge ranch as the backdrop for several movies. You will get dirty here some.

We did a cruise of Napali coast today and we loved that too. Probably going to be too choppy come next month though.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

Helo tour! (Or fixed wing, if you'd rather.)

Waimea Canyon

You'll be able to get a boat tour of the Na Pali coast, but it will likely leave only from the south or west side.

You're probably OK not booking things in advance for October, as it's a shoulder season and less busy.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

If you do reserve early, just make sure they have a good cancellation policy. Once we got here, it became clear that what we really wanted was quiet time alone, and we ended up canceling our reservations for our helicopter ride and our Boat tour. Obviously that might not be the case for you but we are sure glad we kept our options open!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

hahah, i am the planner and my fiance is the spontaneous one. I just want to make sure we can still do things even if we don't plan it out ahead! Also, any good snorkel tours that serve alcohol???

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

October is just fine for a Napali boat cruise from the south shore. It's a beautiful month weatherwise and the rougher winter waters have not yet set in.

California
Level Contributor
36,048 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

I thought what were the 3 top activities I enjoyed while honeymooning a gazillion years ago on Kauai.....

1. Helicopter ride

2. snorkeling/beach time

3. Drive to Waimea

If you want a boat tour check out Capt Andy's, Holo Holo or check out The Southern Star w/ Capt Andy's. We are hearing good things about this tour.

http://www.napali.com/southern-star/

Also I know you've been to a luau but do consider the small family run luau at Mediterranean Gourmet in Haena. Its on Tuesday nights and is a wonderful restaurant to go to even if not for the luau.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

Here is what my wife and I did on our honeymoon to Kauai:

1) Helicopter Tour

2) Waimea Canyon

3) Hiked down to the river from Wailua Falls

4) Spending time on the north shore

5) Sailing along the Na Pali Coast

Edited: 13 September 2011, 04:29
California
Level Contributor
36,048 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

That's all you did Pirate???? I bet there were a few Argggs thrown in now and then......

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

Well...I must admit there were quite a few Puka dogs consumed and lots of drinks consumed at Keoki's Paradise. As well as a couple of fancy dinners...Beach House and Tidepools.

I tried to convince the wife to let me buy a fancy uke...but to no avail.

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 3 Kauai activities for honeymooners

We did the helicopter tour with Mauna Loa ( doors off and the helicopter only seats 4). It was amazing.... So worth the money. The kipu ranch atv tour was also lots of fun....