We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset dinner- Kauai

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Sunset dinner- Kauai

Hi, I was wondering if there are any restaurants that have a sunset view in Kauai?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Beach House is quite well known for this. Beautiful sunsets from there. Fabulous food when we were there.

Brennecke's is more casual and further from the ocean but there are window seats for a sunset view.

Both in Poipu.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Beach House. Call them for a reservation as soon as you arrive. Brennecke's has deteriorated.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Agree completely with Beach House. We actually went once for the sunset and twice later in the evening just because the food was so good!!

We didn't even bother with Brenneke's this year because last year was a total flop. (On the plus side, their deli downstairs is very good--made to order sandwiches while you wait and you can take them across the street to the beach to enjoy).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Also vote big time for the BEACH HOUSE.

For sunset, you might want to get a reservation for the first seating, I think it is about 5 or 5:30.

Ask for a table at one of the sliding glass doors...which will be open.

the surfers will be catching the last waves, the tiki torches will be lit, and you will find yourself out on the lawn, swapping cameras with other couples for sunset photos.

The food and service have always been excellent. Favorite server is Jeffery. By our going early , he has a few minutes to talk story with us, prior to the heavy crowds that will be arriving later. Very, very pleasant experience.

Much aloha...

Denny and Erica

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Yep, Brennecke's deli makes a good sammich. THe only reason to go to Brennecke's is the Mango Madness.

If for some reason you can't get a sunset table at Beach House, plan to be there before sunset and hang out on the lawn for sunset, then have dinner. Lots of folks are just there for the sunset. We often plan a day to kick around the area, snorkel at Lawai (Beach House) Beach, then change and have dinner, or watch the sunset and then have dinner.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset dinner- Kauai

Definitely Beach House. The sunsets are gorgeous, and on calm days, you might even catch the "green flash". My wife and I have been fortunate enough to see the flash from the Beach House a couple of times.