We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Holy Kauai Chickens, our very early morning was blessed with flashes of lightning, and followed by long, long, rumbles of thunder.

The thunder music was accompanied by pretty strong rains...yep real rain for a change.

Thunder and lightning stopped, so I made Ericas coffee, and since it was still raining pretty good , I pulled the car out to get a free wash job.....dried it off in the garage, checked and added oil, and scurried back inside the condo to fix breakfast while Erica sat back and enjoyed the island scenes channel . Thank you blue hawaiian. ( chl 1000) on Time Warner Cable. if anyone might want to check it out. Extremely pleasant, and covers all of our islands.

08:45 am....rains have stopped, clearing trend out to the east at this time. WX report calls for t-storms all day long. Maybe ? Also calling for 70% chance of rain, tapering off about noon.

Winds are predicted out of the East. WX CHL is calling NE winds. Dopler shows storm cells to our NE .

I have my marching orders. As soon as we get a break, the admiral has designated that interlude for a walk up to the lagoons.

Now the sun is out, and rain has stopped.

Have fun, and kayakers, you might ask your kayak company personnel about possible flash floods. HOWEVER no flash flood warnings on the wx channel, nor any phone calls announcing any flooding either. same for the regular TV stations.

Denny

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,319 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

I LOVE that channel, I can watch it for hours on end! I wish Skip would be that nice to me...oh, yeah - he did offer to make me an fried egg sandwich for breakfast - I passed........

3Chihuahuas

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,239 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

I'm still hearing thunder up here, but it sounds like it's more down towards Anahola. Had some really heavy rain, and it looks like more coming.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We've had thunder and heavy rain showers here on the South Shore ever since early, early this morning.

Still grey out and thunder every once in awhile with rain showers.

A nice day to read a book tucked up all safe and sound at home!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,977 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Or watch college football! Go LSU!

California
Level Contributor
35,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

I think you have blown it to Maui. Beautiful day but it looks black out there tonight. I am going to blow it back to you guys!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Well, that worked, J! Friends just drove out from Lihue and said they couldn't see the road for the rain coming down and the water running on the road between here and the Tree Tunnel.

SOOOO......blowing it Back!!! And KEEP it this time!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Sunday morning:

lots of rain, fairly hard at times last night. Time is 05:45 am,

Mahalo, Jbett, your fiendish plan actually worked.

FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS ARE POSTED for our area

presently we have a break in the rain and thunder, in Lihue. Cannot see the clouds since it is Oh Dark fourty five.

Plan of the day, if our entry to nawiliwili/rice street lower area is not flooded.

Gym.....NFL......COSTCO at 10am....and more NFL....oh darn !

The admrial announced last night, that we are supposed to get in our daily hike. Me thinks it might be a bit wet and flooded and muddy, between here and the marriot and kalapaki beach. Usually happens when we have substantial rain like last night, but can dry out fairly quickly.

dopler looks like a possibility of on and off showers, for most of the day.

Hopefully , we will have some long periods so that the visitors can get out of doors.

Denny

Edited: 06 November 2011, 15:54
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,463 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

loved the part about the free car wash...chuckle

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Hmmm, I guess perhaps I need to rethink my packing for my trip on the 18th? An extra book to read to pass the time indoors, my iPod speakers to listen and my water shoes :-)

The rain will just make it a different kind of visit. My Kauai Thanksgiving Trip Theme will perhaps be "Sun Chaser" - dashing off to catch the sun on the island. Ah the intrigue of it all.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flash...KaBooooooooooon.....cozed in kauai saturday morning

Here's 2 webcams for Poipu. As of this posting, 7:30 a.m. Kauai time, it looks like it's breaking up on the south shore ( at least when I posted them).

http://kukuiula.com/Pages/Media/Webcam.aspx

www.poipubeachkauai.com/Site/Webcam.html