We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Yesterday we drove up to the classic car show at the Cannery, and then up to the tail head above kealia beach to hike along the bike and walking trail.

Afterwards we stopped at the Olympic Cafe , upstairs , in Kapa'a for lunch and a thirst quencher.

Found out from observation, that they open on sat and sun at 07:00 am for the football games and breakfast.

They also have a bloody mary special. I have never seen this before. They put ice and vodka into a large glass, and then the customers can walk over to a seperate bloody mary bar and pour in or add any of the many choices of fixens and juice. make em to their own personal tastes.

That special starts at 7 am and goes until 2 pm or so. Games will be on their many TV's. Food and service is excellent and the place is fun.

We did not join in that program, and just had one rum for me, and one margrita for Erica along with lunch. But, many of the folks there were definitely into the bloody mary build your own good time..

Also, they will do their very best to set the customers up with a particular game if possible. One couple wanted to watch the USC game, so the bartender lady asked if it was OK to switch the TV that was in front of me....." Sure , no problem ".

Just a note for some of the visitors who do ask about where to watch the games. If up or around the East Side....we would suggest the Olympic Cafe.

We go there when we are up or around that shore, usually after hiking a trail, and never been disappointed, and it has always been upbeat and fun. That has been over many years.

Denny

Edited: 13 November 2011, 15:29
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Shoot, you got me all excited with "east side football". I thought I was going to get a great post about the Kapa'a Warriors game vs Pearl City.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Yers, that's what I was thinking too. Congrats to the Warriors, especially the defense shutting out PH. They travel to Iolani for the 2nd round this coming Saturday.

I also like reading threads about Olympic Cafe - a really friendly place that's also my East Side favorite..

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Olympic has a really good Happy Hour too. Draught beer is $2.00 and wine $3.75. Also Taco Friday Happy Hour - two drink min and make as many tacos as you want!

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Breckenridge Ski Resort has a make-your-own bloody mary bar during apres-ski at the base of Peak 10 - but I'd much rather drink those on Kauai (I'd pretty much rather do anything on Kauai...).

We love getting a seat by the windows at Olympic to watch the world go by on the street below.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Denny, we just missed you. While house hunting(no luck), we stopped in Kapaa for lunch but opted for Scotty's. We can not resist the view. We then went to the Coconut Marketplace in time to see Larry Rivera. What a charmer.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

Had a great time at Olympic Cafe last Sunday watching my beloved Packers beat San Diego. Sat at the bar, street view to the left, football in the center, ocean view to the right, friendly vibe, what could be better.

Good luck with the house hunt Shantys.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

It is a great place to stop for a happy hour beer or 6. I got a great seat on the balcony overlooking the street and the people-watching was fun.

8. Re: East side football, breakfast and wake up at Olympic Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 10:21