We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Lincolnwood...
13 posts
Save Topic
Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Does anyone know when the main pool will be open?We are coming on Jan 1 with 3 kids.So the pool is a must.I thought they should be open by now.But their website says the pool is closed.

Thank you

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

I will have more information on Friday but yes its still closed. The last I heard was they were trying for Dec 25th, but they experienced heavy rains a few days ago and could be behind a few days. They also found rebar that needed to be fixed and that added on a week. I will check and get back to you.

PS I do know they getting the hot tub area back up asap.

FYI for you that stay at Pali Ke Kua in the winter. Their pool will be closed until March I have heard.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

The HBR pool / hot tub is just fantastic. My photos of its waterfall features look like they could be real waterfalls anywhere on the North Shore.

Glad to hear that this gem will be back up and running soon.

Edited: 14 December 2011, 20:15
California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Another nice thing are adding are palapa umbrellas.

4. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 December 2011, 22:03
Lincolnwood...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

jebett

Thank you so much for the update. We are biting our nails wondering if the pool will open up by the end of the month. We called two days ago and the general manager told us the soonest the main pool would open was mid Feb. 2012 -- so your post is very good news if it comes true! Please keep us posted of the status of the pool. We will be checking daily for your updates.

Thx! :)

Lincolnwood...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

We just called the Resort a few minutes ago and the Hot Tub area is closed. They said it was not opening anytime soon. Same story on the pool -- no date on opening. They said it was raining again today and they cannot grout when it is raining.

-- Sorry for the bad news.

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

What a difference a day makes. That is not what the GM told me yesterday. As an owner we got an update email last night and what I told you is what it said in the email.

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Just heard hot tub Tuesday (weather permitting) .

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Just got off phone with the GM and he said he never told anyone the pool wouldn't reopen until mid Feb, said they are heating the hot tub as we spoke and all was working fine and pool will be open between 1 week and 2 weeks weather permitting. He also said the staff knows the timeline, has told people the timeline and they are actually ahead of schedule as of today.

Lincolnwood...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort pool

Wow, what a set of different stories coming out of the resort. First, we spoke with the office two days ago and they consulted the GM (and put us on hold for about 7 minutes). They said the GM expressly stated that they were "1.5 months behind schedule and that the earliest the pool would open would be Feb. 2012 and most likely mid Feb." They told us that heavy rains coupled with rebar problems were the issue and there was "no chance it would be open by Jan. 1". Today they told us there was NO estimated time of completion (from the front desk this time). Upon pressing them they stated "if everything lines up perfectly" that maybe Jan. 2012. When I told them that one of the owner's stated the hot tub was open today they absolutely said no. It seems like one gets a different story depending on who you talk with and it changes day-to-day.................