We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Houston
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Our family of 5 is going to Kauai for the 1st time in June. We already bought our tickets from Houston to Honolulu. I keep looking at the interisland flights and they are pricing out at $74 each way. Does anyone know if that's a good price?, should i buy now the tickets now or wait?, will he prices get lower or higher? Thanks.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,337 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

That's about as good as it gets, although you *might* find a little better by flying early morning or late evening. Book as soon as you can to snag the lower fares.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,491 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

I would book now for your selection choice . . . while waiting might (big if) bring a bit lower fare, you might also find yourself with limited choices. :)

California
Level Contributor
37,996 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Ugh I hate to say this but I am helping a guest of mine find better pricing and its on go!!! Airlines. $74 is the cheapest I see on HA too. Looks like that's about it.

Houston
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

I guess i will get them now while i still have choices! Thanks!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
28,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Go for it (on Hawaiian, that is, lol). That's definitely a good price. I just had to pay a ridiculous $600 r/t from Kona to Lana'i.

new york
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

book now . thats a good price

Rye Brook, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Did this one back in 05. Book now- an amazing trip. This company better as it offers helicopters with open windows- not for the faint hearted (my wife sat in middle), but worth it if you can stand it. Perfect for pictures of the Grand Canyan of Hawaii- most likely the most beautiful place I have ever been. And I think we got a discount- 2 for 1. Kind of pricey, but a once in a lifetime thing. Either resort offered or we sat in on timeshare- more likely, since we purchased a week there. Haven't been back, but have been to Maui, Oahu, all have benefits- but Kuaui most distinct and beautiful- and least built up. 3/4th I think reserved for pristine rain forest, wildlife, etc. But tour was great and pilot gets you in place for most picturesque spots. ANd if it helps, you obviously are buckled in and gravity keeps you inside. A little nerve racking at first, but get used to it- overwhelmed by serenity of the island and beauty below you. Ask for the pilot who is Steelers fan. And t shirts (my fave) are cool too.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,337 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

Robb, the OP asked about interisland flights, not helo tours.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

You'd be surprised how quickly the prices go higher. Buy them soon.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian Air - Interisland Prices

June begins the heavy summer travel season for families.

It's doubtful you'll find a better price.

At the same time it's more than likely the better flights times will be selling out soon.

Grab it.