We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

22 North

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
22 North

Not sure if this was discussed already (couldn't find an old post!) , but today is the last day 22 North will be open. There will be new owners who will be reopening the restaurant (I think perhaps under the Gaylord name..but not sure) with a slightly different concept- i think more similar to Gaylord's.

I personally loved 22 North and had consistently fabulous meals there. I also really appreciated the dedication to the locavore concept and support of local businesses.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 22 North

Didn't know this! Any idea when it re-opens? I hate to see anything in that location close!

I wasn't the biggest fan (lunches), but loved the dessert! Did you mean similar to Hukilau? or the way Gaylord's used to be?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 22 North

That's too bad.... never had the chance to try 22 North. But the mixed reviews made us decide to wait and my husband never got a chance to try it on any of his business trips. We loved the concept, though.

Scarborough, Maine
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 22 North

Thats too bad, I was hoping to go there on my upcoming trip.....in just 7 days!!!!

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 22 North

Below is link to 22 North Facebook page which mentions what Mar0 says about their closing:

http://www.facebook.com/22northkauai

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 22 North

Can't say I'm surprised. My experience was pretty bad there and have not returned. I had hoped my experience was an odd exception but I read more than one review that outlined exactly what we found. Hopefully, the new management will make a good go of it.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 22 North

Too bad, but that farm to table concept is awfully hard to pull off - especially in tough economic times.

California
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 22 North

I totally agree BnB. It was very pricey. I wish the new owners nothing but the best.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 22 North

I had a very good experience there and one not so good. But I always go back -- I just have a soft spot for that old plantation house. I hope the new operators do it justice.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 22 North

I'm with you Kimo - Kilohana is a place to which I love to return, regardless. I hope the next "phase" thrives. It is such a beautiful environment to enjoy food and friends.

10. Re: 22 North

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:19