We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am on Cloud Nine

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I am on Cloud Nine

I just booked our flights and condo for October. :) :) :)

We had more than enough skymiles to buy our tickets, and got a condo we are staying 8 days at Sealodge D7 it will not be like the condo we stayed at last visit :(

but all that matters is I will be in my beloved Kauai (yes I fell in love with it after only 1 visit).

I miss everything about Kauai even the roosters.

Now comes the very loooooonnnnnggg wait 253 days but who counting........ME.

California
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Great news! Most of us here know just how you feel. I have a five month wait.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
628 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

I have 18 days and not sure if I will be able to sleep much before. First trip to Kauai and the more I research about the harder it is to wait to get there.

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

22Kauai,,,,when you get there in 5 months tell the roosters I will be there soon.

I had always wanted to go to Kauai and we finally made it in Oct of 2010 and stayed at HBR #4222 the serenity and beauty over whelmed me and am ready to go back.

Jeepy ,,,wish it were me in 18 days you will fall in love with the island...where are you staying. What things do you have planned to see and do.I found there was so much that I had to step back and enjoy it and not over plan so this time I will do the things we didn't get around doing last time. But mostly plan on enjoying the beauty and of course my DH, Have a wonderful time.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

>>I had always wanted to go to Kauai and we finally made it in Oct of 2010 and stayed at HBR #4222 the serenity and beauty over whelmed me and am ready to go back.<<<

You forgot to mention us (your next door neighbors) ;-))))

I'm so happy you're coming back, wonderful news!!!!

Jeepy - you'll end up sooooooo addicted to Kauai, just like the rest of us!

3Chihuahuas

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Darcy... how could I ever forget you I asked Joan about you the other day.

Wish you were going to be there the same time this year ,

We are going to miss Joan by 1 day :(

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Woo hoo - good for you msquiggy. I just counted to see where I am at - 189 days until I am back on beloved Kauai - it has been quite a few years, and I am already excited!! :)

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
628 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Number 1 on my list is to Zipline DH says it isn't for him but I can't wait. We plan to hike , I am a hiker and hike in the Canadian Rockies but the couple we are traveling with aren't hikers more walkers so we will do some easier day hikes. Lots of relaxing and sun and sand time. SIL that is traveling worth us is a huge gardener so she can't wait to see all the flowers. We are staying at the Hale Kalapaki.

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

coalminer......we have traveled to other places and 3 of the other Hawaiian islands but Kauai is what I LOVE.

BTW,,,I have been to Denali National Park many years ago with a patient of mine and also loved Alaska told my DH I would love for him to see it. We stayed in anchorage and over night in Denali via the dome train.

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Darcy ...my husband remembered you also liked Vegas(one of his favorite places ) and wanted to know if you want to meet us there in April?

For everyone reading 3 chi's was in the unit 4221 next to us when we went down last time and we enjoyed meeting her and her husband and she is unforgettable really sweet and helped us with some of her favorite things and places to do in Kauai.

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
632 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I am on Cloud Nine

Jeepy,,, the flowers are awesome and smell wonderful.Something you won't forget;

We also love to hike but this time for medical reasons I probably won't do as much hiking as slow walking.You will love hiking

Zipline is something I enjoy doing but DH is a" no wayer" nor will he snorkle so those are two things I do alone.