We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

henna tattoos

Salt Lake City, Ut.
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
henna tattoos

Are there places on Kauai to get a henna tattoo?

Littleton, Co
Level Contributor
183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: henna tattoos

There is a place in hanalei. It is just after the Dolphin retaurant as you are comming down from Princeville. Unless they have painted it is in a yellow building. I'm not sure if the tattoo shop in kapaa does henna or not.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: henna tattoos

There's a Tattoo place right across the street from Wailua Bay View at the Kinipopo Shopping Village. I think it's called Garden Isle Tattoo - it's on the back side facing the Surf and Ski shop. They do excellent work. I have no idea if they do henna or not. They have a huge selection of designs.

There's another place nearby called Island Tattoo II. Again, I don't know if they do henna.

Fred, the manager at WBV might be able to suggest a place to get henna tattoos. Just ask him. You might also just notice signs in the windows of shops, etc.

I have heard of the place up in Hanalei mentioned above. There's also a place in Kalaheo called Hawaiian Rites Tattoo. They do henna as well as ink. I'm not sure if they cater to visitors or not, but you could check them out.