We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another Islander question.....

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Topic
another Islander question.....

We've stayed at the Islander before (2010) and really enjoyed our stay there and loved the central location. Last time we rented through Aston. This time (mid May) I'm looking at doing it through VRBO or Aloha Condos as it can save me some money.

Any reviews from Aloha Condos? Anyone booked through them before?

Also, anything I should know about renting from VRBO/Aloha instead of going through Aston? Will I get the same amenities?

Thanks so much!

Amy

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
813 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another Islander question.....

look up: KrellersGetaway.com...they own several units @ Islander, rates are MUCH better than booking thru Aston. When not booking through Aston, you do not have services from front desk but will have contacts in event you need them and you'll have to carry your own luggage but how much do you take to kauai? Brad Kreller is great to deal with and turned out he is practically a neighbor of mine in California...small world. We'll be in an oceanfront unit there for our first week in May as it is an good location for getting around the island.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another Islander question.....

Most significantly, I found, was the lack of a phone in the unit - and cell phone reception was terrible - and only sporadic and frustrating internet. Wi-fi is available in the lobby/lanai area, but it became a far bigger pain than I had imagined to go down there for connection. I was there for three weeks and had no agenda, but these two "lacks" became major problems. Lack of communication can be incredibly irritating when it is on an on-going basis. You will still have parking priviileges.

The staff are instructed NOT to help you, but I found several were more than willing to give me a hand, if they saw me struggling. Others, not. No front desk response for repairs for a/c or tv or anything of that nature, either.

We had booked a room once for our DS at HBR through Aloha and they were excellent!

Edited: 24 January 2012, 00:19
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another Islander question.....

I should have stated that my unit at Islander was through vrbo. I got a terrific price but not sure it was worth it in the end.

I don't know what services Aloha can offer you at Islander. They are great to talk to, so I would certainly sound them out on it.

4. Re: another Islander question.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:25