We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking 2hockeymom

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
357 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking 2hockeymom

Hi Rochester! My husband is originally from Oahu and we have friends and family on Oahu, Kauai, and the Big Island and have been to all 3 islands many times. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you and I'll be happy to help you out.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking 2hockeymom

konagrl57-I am sure you can answer many questions for me. Right now, my heart aches for the people of kauai. As we do not go until April 14, I am guessing that things will be somewhat cleanup up by then. We were thinking maybe we should cancel this very expensive trip with all that is going on, but so far, we will still plan to go. We have 26 hours on ohau-3pm to 5pm next day, we are stopping so my husband can go to Pearl Harbor. He hates the thought of the long flight for only 8 days, so this was the trade off. 1 day Ohau, 1 week Kauai. We definately will take the helicpoter, have mixed feelings about doors on, doors off. We are staying at Pahio Bali Hai timeshare. North end. I just hope the weather will cooperate and roads cleaned up by then. If mother nature cooperates this week. (there are two families going, one staying at Sheerwater Timeshare.) A total of 6 kids ages 13-18. This is a senior trip and our 25th anniversay in one trip. I am guessing our only trip to Hawaii, so we want to do helicopter, kayak trip, luau and anniversary dinner without kids!! I would so appreciate your help. (Chili, NY is where we are from)

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
357 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking 2hockeymom

2hockeymom- I hope to talk to my friends on Kauai tonight to find out what's happening there. I'm sure everything will be all cleaned up by the time you guys go on your trip- it's still 4 weeks away. Try not to worry and don't cancel your trip! How exciting to be celebrating your 25th anniversary- I'll ask my friends what they would recommend for some of the activities you mentioned like the luau and helicopter tour and I'll get back to you. I'd definitely recommend the Beach House restaurant in Poipu for your special dinner sans kids. It's a beautiful, romantic oceanfront setting with outstanding food- just be sure to call at least a few days in advance to reserve a window table. (We're eastsiders).