We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mac Nut Pie

La Verne, California
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mac Nut Pie

Are these available anywhere on Kauai? We enjoyed them on the BI a few years back, and we're heading back to Kauai this summer and was wondering if there's anywhere we can pick one (or two ro three....) up at. Thanks

California
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mac Nut Pie

http://rightslice.com/menu/rich-gooey-pies/

Yummy!!!

California
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mac Nut Pie

I had a slice of this the other day at Right Slice. I went right to where they were making them in the Industrial area of Pihu. Just the smell of this bakery is awesome!! You can purchase her pies at some farmer's markets around the island.

I also bought a mac nut pie at Village Snack Shop in Hanalei one time. To tell you the truth I don't remember if I liked it or not. I bought it for a party and maybe I never got to taste it!

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
East Coast
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mac Nut Pie

Any comparison between the Right slice and the B.I. variety?

We liked the BI Mac Nut pie so much we ordered online but it is pricey to ship.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 22:40
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mac Nut Pie

OMG....went to the right slice web site....just another reason to hurry up and get there next month...I'm going to dream about that chocolate macaroon pie!!! Curious...what is lilikoi?

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mac Nut Pie

OMG....went to the right slice web site....just another reason to hurry up and get there next month...I'm going to dream about that chocolate macaroon pie!!! Curious...what is lilikoi?

California
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mac Nut Pie

snowMesa--Lilikoi is same as passion fruit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora_edulis

Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mac Nut Pie

We love the Right Slice Pie. The chocolate Macaroon Pie is fabulous. I also really like to Mango Lilikoi. We also had the Cranberry pudding and Carmel Apple Pie. We first went on the hunting trip to find her shop in the Puhi Industrial Park. We each had a pie slice and bought two baby pies to take back to the condo.

When our friends came in we stop for a snack on our way to the Southern Star Dinner Cruise. We saw her again at the Waipa Farmers Market and of course had to buy several more slices.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mac Nut Pie

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've not had any macadamia nut pie from the Right Slice yet.

But for many, many years the Macadamia cream pies at Conrad's (formerly Conrad and Wong's and Omoide) in Hanapepe have been famous - and justifiably so! I highly recommend them!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Hanapepe
Hanapepe
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mac Nut Pie

Wong's(Conrads) and Lilikoi cream pie= heaven.

La Verne, California
Level Contributor
573 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mac Nut Pie

JOEJAX - That's actually what I was wondering about. I'm sure there are lots of places making a mac nut pie on Kauai, but I waswondering if they sold those made by the company on the BI. No one's mentioned it so I guess I'll have to try some of the suggestions here......looking forward to it.