We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Beautiful day, again! Even up north. Everyone, including us, headed north. check out our day here:

…blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-kauai-feb-16-marc…

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

I was really looking forward to this entry because we will be staying in the North for a week in April! Nice pictures!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Love your blog and photos!

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
453 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Great report! What underwater camera do you use?

middletown,ohio
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Loving the blog and pics could you keep posting them until Oct. to hold me over.

Waiting patiently for the next one.

Thanks for sharing you vacations with us read all of yours and loved them

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

So far looks like a great time, Come on Sept

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
46 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

great blog. thanks!

California
Level Contributor
35,540 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

I get your comment about "even up north" because I was following the weather for a friend who arrives today and it said 70% chance of rain all day yesterday. That will teach us to never believe the forecast. Looked like a picture perfect day.

So I want to ask a question... You said you get "paid" for the owner's updates? Do they try and sell you more weeks or is it more an update on what Wyndham is doing? Is it more like a timeshare "pitch" where you get a 2 or 1 kayak trip or an owner's update? Was there any word that they plan on selling one of the Koloa Landing buildings as a timeshare?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Thought you might like knowing what the blue flowers on the vine are. That is a blue jade vine - those flowers make very sought after lei - very long lasting and beautiful - I always bid on one of those at the lei auction for May Day (Lei Day) at the Museum!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Thanks everyone. I had debated on not blogging this year, but seems like enough people enjoy it that I'll try to keep it going.

StacyM---I plan to get back up north. Still have 10 full days here!

msquiggy---I WISH!!!!

trixi---I'm using the Canon D10 point and shoot underwater digital camera. Love it. It started doing some wierd things yesterday, so I may have to replace it one of these days, but I'll get another Canon D10 when it goes. It's acting fine so far today---I'll keep my fingers crossed while I take more pictures with it.

jebett---it is a sales pitch, but when they know you're really not interested, they try to help you with ideas on how to use what you have---at least at the Wyndham presentation here in Hawaii. Although they don't always give you correct info. I actually corrected her on something yesterday. So we usually do it and have found everyone we've spoken to here on Kauai to be very nice. Our friends are talking about doing the zipline tour, so along with the debit card we got for going to the "update", we would get a discount on activities. I didn't ask them about Koloa Landing this year. I did ask last year, even toured it last year, and was told at that time it was not going to be timeshares. I wish they would! The condos are beautiful!

koloagirl---thanks alot for the name of the flower. I look for those everytime we go to the pier. Truly unique flowers! I bet those would make gorgeous leis!

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 4---Feb. 20: blog of our north shore trip

Enjoying your blog and pict's very much. Hope the snorkeling improves! We arrive tomorrow.....your pict's of beaches and blue sky's have me very excited!

Thanks for sharing!