We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Hi all,

I have been looking through the forums and have chosen a couple of things to do while I and my soon to be husband honeymoon on Kauai. He has never been to any on the islands before (I have been a frequent visitor of Oahu and Maui), so we are deinitely taking in a lua, going deep sea fishing, and a helicopter tour. Are there any Not To Be Missed activities or sights we should do / take in while we are there (we will be there 6 days),

Thank you!

Amy

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

I enjoy driving around the island and taking in the beautiful views. Spend a day driving up north stopping at places that grab your interest. Spend another day driving south and west. The vistas are similar yet very different.

Have a wonderful honeymoon.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Did you include some time to check out Waimea Canyon? Did you read through the tabs on the right hand side of this page?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Is Waimea Canyon accessible to hike or do you recommend driving there and exploring? We are renting a car...

Thank you both for your well wishes and advice!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Aloha from Kaua'i!

As far as lu'aus go - I'd recommend Smith's Family Lu'au here on Kaua'i.

We have several lu'aus here, but they are the only one that is put on by the same family (Smith's) in the same beautiful location (Smith's Tropical Paradise) for over 50 years now. Very "Kaua'i-style" and less glitz and flash than some others IMO.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Amesters,

You would need a car to get there, or you would need to take a tour bus.

Here is a link to check out- it is truly not to be missed.

…hawaiistateparks.org/parks/kauai/index.cfm…

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

I forgot to mention that we hiked the Pihea trail at the top of Waimea Canyon and it was truly unforgettable.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Waimea Canyon/Koke'e Park has tons of trail systems - for every ability level and distance. Easy to drive up there, just take your time and try to get a very early start to avoid getting stuck behind one of the tour buses or having cloud cover for some of your viewpoints.

An amazing place to go and hike - I love going up there because it is entirely different from anyplace else on island - you truly feel like you are in a different place. The forest up there is so beautiful!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

I am not a fisherman (or fisherlady) but my son and husband love to deep sea fish. Kauai is not the place. I would save your money and do something else. Just my opinion!!!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

Note: The party thing is a "lu`au." "Lua" is a, ahem, bathroom. :D

10. Re: Honeymoon mid March, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:23