We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

Versailles, Ky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

Launching plans for a revisit to HI 25 years after our honeymoon now with kids and gparents. Last time we Loved Maui and Kauai. Liked Oahu. Saw molokini. Am open to suggestions. Might have a cousin with condo in Maui, but barring that I need many recommendations. Will be there for a week or so end of May early June. Have Questions?

Pick our favorite island and fly straight to and from Maui avoiding Island hopping plane time delays and costs? or fly into Oahu, hop to Maui, home from Maui? Everyone is fit for travel, hikes, excursions. Loved hiking up falls in Hana. Loved Haleakala.

Where to stay? Keep in mind the number of us and will need 2 standard hotel rooms.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,951 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

Are you planning anytime on Kauai? If not, maybe you should post this on the Maui forum.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,792 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

Must it be a hotel? How about a condo or better yet a house so you've got some separate bedrooms and a kitchen. What is your nightly budget?

I'd suggest Anini, Hanalei or Ha`ena (all north shore) for a house. Or even a very nice condo in Princeville, maybe Hanalei Bay Resort.

Edit - are you looking for help on Kauai or Maui?

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 07 March 2012, 23:01
California
Level Contributor
38,438 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

You really need to post this on the Maui forum unless you want to include Kauai in your trip.

I would rent a condo on Maui too!

Kilauea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
687 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

Enjoy your time on the other islands, Kauai is not a jealous island, it knows you will be back.... Everyone always comes back to Kauai.

5. Re: 25th anni. with 3 kids, 2 grandparents, and my wife...duh!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:17