We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

maryland
Level Contributor
390 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

Hi,

I am coming to Kauai for 7 nights in August. We will be staying at the Sheraton Poipu for 4 nights. We are starwood members and are considering staying at Westin Princeville for the remaining three.

My question is what is the closest beach to this resort and how close are restaurants in the area?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

SAQ

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

Closest beach is right out of the resort Kiahuna Beach

there are several restaurants very close to the sheraton, Keokis,Merrimans, the beach house, and Red salt to name a few, The Island is small enough I wouldn't pack up after 4 days and move to a new Hotel IMO its not worth the hassle and the waste of time you only have 7 days dont spend it moving from one hotel to the other

Edited: 14 March 2012, 13:59
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

ca1Robert,

OP is asking about beach access at the Westin in Princeville, not the Sheraton.

From the Westin there is a steep trail that goes down to Anini Beach and there is also a shuttle that will take you to the St. Regis so you can go to their beach. There are so many other better beaches on the north shore that are within a 30 minute drive.

Dining options are pretty limited there also. Without driving you are limited to the restaurants at the Westin and the St. Regis - all quite expensive. Many more options in Hanalei - about a 10 minute drive as well as a few more in the Princeville Center.

maryland
Level Contributor
390 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

Thank You! So, there are more restaurants in Poipu within walking/driving distance. I have a 9 and 5 year old as well. My husband and I are thinking of splitting our stay. I would love to experience the north shore but its proximity to restaurants is making me hesitant and I certainly dont want to spend $$$$ on one meal.

SAQ

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

It's a good thing you have kids, because they will have plenty of company. It's like a holiday camp in August.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,873 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

For restaurant locations/options I suggest you check out restaurant oriented websites. I use Urbanspoon, know people who use Yelp, and Chowhound is another. In my opinion (and others) all of these do a better job re: restaurants than TA.

With Urbanspoon you'll be able to filter based on "neighborhood" (their term), price, cuisine, etc. and will be able to see the exact locations on a map.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

SAQ,

At the Westin you'll have a kitchen and there are numerous grills throughout the property. Before we head to the Westin every year, we stop at Costco. We buy steaks to grill, fruit and yogurt for breakfast and bread and sliced turkey for picnics on he beach for lunch. Just an idea for you.

California
Level Contributor
38,372 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

There are plenty of restaurants on the North Shore, they just aren't right across the street from your hotel. Trust me, you will be driving to restaurants in Poipu too, but its true you have more variety south.

In Princeville itself there are the expensive ones at The St Regis, Naneas at The Westin, Infigos at Pali Ke Kua, CJ's in the shopping center plus a chinese take out or eat on the patio style restaurant, Le Petite Bakery, A Mexican takeout called Federicos, Paradise Cafe, Hanalei Grindz for good burgers, an ice cream store and smootie stand. Down the road in Hanalei (about 8-10 minute drive) is Hanalei Dolphin, Kalypso (kids like it there), Hanalei Gourmet, BarAcuda, L&L, Bouschons, Pinkies, Wake Up Cafe, Hanalei Pizza and much more.

As far as beach access, this is the Westin's weak point (plus not the greatest views) but your kids will enjoy the property. They have nice pools and bbq areas. I suggest stopping at a grocery store and bbqing one night or afternoon to cut down on the food bills. The walk to Anini is not easy and I recommend just driving. The top snorkeling beaches are about a 25 minute drive over one lane bridges and beautiful scenery. Have a great vacation.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

My bad, I miss read, hopefully my answered helped out some :)

9. Re: Which beach is closest to Westin Princeville Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:42