We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Kauai now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In Kauai now.

Got here ok , nice and smooth trip. Weather was cloudy down at Poipu beach. Around 5pm it started dumping rain near the airport and then a big downpour past Kapaa. I mean really coming down, stuff you dont see very often at least where I am from. Traffic wasnt too bad getting around. Just checked the weather and it doesnt look to get any better. Whatcha gonna do I guess.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Kauai now.

THanks for keeping us informed. Hope the weather gives you some breaks in the rain.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Kauai now.

JoeGasm,

Thanks for the info. If you could give everyone an honest daily update on the weather and overall situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Is the ocean blue or brown?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: In Kauai now.

We swam at Poipu beach and that was a brown in some areas but definately didnt keep us or many others out. The East shore looked very brown. We are gonna travel up North today to check it out there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: In Kauai now.

JoeG

Are you heading up the Princeville way? I have heard rumours that the road is a mess. Please let me know what you experience or hear.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Kauai now.

Thanks for the update Joe. It's nice to hear from someone on the ground! Hope you have a great holiday no matter what the weather.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: In Kauai now.

The road to Princeville is fine. You wait at most 5 mins to get past the road where the dam broke. Went to Ke'e beach today and had a good time swimming and snorkeling. It was cloudy but didnt rain. We also checked out Wailu falls and O'pekka falls. (sorry about the sp errors}. It looks nasty out there but hasnt rained very hard. Word is the weather might clear up a bit for Fri, Sat, and SUnday. So far the weather hasnt kept us from doing anything. We plan on checking out some East side beaches tomorrow. We also hiked down to SeaLodge beach. It seemed clear and a couple people were snorkeling. TOok a look at Blue Room but got out of there when the mosquitos started attacking. We are going to Tahiti Nui tonight. Last night we ate at POlynesian Cafe. Gf had mac nut seared ahi and said it was excellent and I had the Kaluhu pig po'boy which was good. I will try and keep everyone updated when I can. Friday we are going peacock bass fishing, dont know where but I am really looking forward to this. ANd hopefully by Sat or Sun we can do some of the Na'pali coast hike. Ke'e beach/lagoon was really nice though. Fantastic view!!!

Bastrop, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: In Kauai now.

Thanks Joe

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. We are headed there late april,early may

Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Kauai now.

Thanks for the updates Joe. I leave April 1 and have decided to keep to my plans and enjoy whatever I find... but your reports make me feel much better.

north east CA
Level Contributor
36 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In Kauai now.

JoeG,

Thanks, that's great! We are flying in tomorrow and we can't wait to get there. Where are you staying? We're staying at the Pahio Kauai Beach timeshares.

Where are you going for dinner Friday night?

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: In Kauai now.

let us know just how big them peacock bass are. Tight lines.