We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter baskets in kauai

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easter baskets in kauai

We are flying in on Easter morning (arriving around 10, but then need to get car, etc). We are staying a the Marriott in Lihue and I would love to have Easter Egg baskets waiting for the kids in our room, but hard to send them from CA. Any local shops that would deliver a nice basket(s) for a 12 year old boy and 9 year old girl (perhaps with some special Hawaiian treats?)

California
Level Contributor
38,007 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

It actually is quite easy to mail a box from California. It does take an extra day for priority.Those flat rate boxes would hold two small baskets or do what I do and put candy etc in a gift BAG.

I can't think of a service that would do this except one that has jams and jellys which I doubt they would be interested in. I suppose you could call the hotel and ask, but if you mailed the box and addressed it the concierge, I bet they would but the baskets in the room, (for a tip of course) before you arrived.

Option #2 is to bring a box with you on the plane ($for extra baggage) and when you get to the hotel, ask the bellman to bring them up before you get walk up.

Maybe others have a better idea!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There are quite a few roadside stands that pop up Easter Weekend - they are simply folks who put together Easter Baskets and sell them - I've never purchased one, but certainly have noticed them around! Even Easter morning - I know when we drive to Kekaha on Sunday morning (Easter morning) - I've seen them around.

If you drive around, outside Lihu'e, either towards Wailua, or in the other direction towards Puhi - your chances of finding a roadside stand will be pretty good.

I also can't think of anyplace that would deliver an Easter Basket - you could try a florist, but it is going to be more geared towards flowers obviously than things a keiki (child) would enjoy.

Malama Pono,

Janet

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

You could hit the dreaded Walmart. It's only a mile or so from the airport if that far.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Our Costco has Easter Baskets all made up so I'd imagine the Costco on Kauai does too. Also there is a Long's Drugs in Lihue. You may want to stop at either store anyway to get snacks or beverages for the room. One of you could distract the kids while you make your purchase and then quickly hide it in the room when you get there.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I was just at Costco here today and while they have big bunnies (HUGE!) and some other toys and beautiful orchid plants - there were no Easter Baskets - it might be too early for them, but I can't recall having seen them there in years past.

Both Wal-Mart and K-Mart have pre-made Easter Baskets for keiki (children).

Malama Pono,

Janet

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Thank you for your message. Since we are arriving on Easter, I was hoping to have something waiting in the room (pre-delivery by the Easter bunny!)

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

1800 Flowers has an actual Easter basket with candy - ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do…

Call them to determine how they (meaning the local florist they contract with) would deliver to the hotel, and then confirm with the hotel that it could be delivered to your room before you arrive (and plan on $$$ - it's not cheap (or cheep...LOL).

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Oh, this one might be more fun, because then they could take the pail to the beach: ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do…

bwright1
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

I would think creating your own at home personalized to your kids taste then shipping to the hotel might be best. I'm sure the hotel will place them in your room before arrival. The shipping shouldn't be too much with the USPS flat rates, and you'll know your kids get exactly what they want.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter baskets in kauai

Here's a local shop that makes custom baskets with "island flavors" - as Jebett said, it's mostly jams and jellies, but I bet you could order something custom - not traditional Easter candy but I bet the kids would get a kick out of a fresh pineapple, Kauai Kookies and choc covered mac nuts.

kauaifruit.com/KauaiFruit/Products/Entries/2…