We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

all over
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

My flights got royally screwed up today.

Tornadoes in Houston screwed up flights for days.

My new flight lands to HNL at 9:57 pm. I changed Hawaiin air till 10 pm, but is there any other carrier that offers flights after 10pm? If not, ill spend some time at the airport but would prefer to just get to Poipu.

Thanks

m l
west
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

Are you in flight right now?

I can't get the HA website to work for me tonight. But hopefully someone else can check for you.

Houston sure gets some weather issues.

I've noticed a lot of tornadoes in the news lately.

Hope things go better for you from now on.

all over
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

The last flight HA has is 10:00 pm. My luggage is already set on that flight as UA checked it all the way through.

My flight lands 9:57. I am not in flight, still in San Fransisco (have been for 6 hours) for an open first class seat.

Hopefully I land half an hour early.

What gate / terminal does HA fly out of in HNL?

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

If you are landing at 9:57 and the last flight out to LIH leaves at 10 (which is the last flight), unless that flight is super delayed (which they usually aren't) it looks like you need to be checking on a hotel at HNL. Also call your accommodations on Kauai and tell them you are arriving tomorrow so they don't cancel you for not showing up.

The interisland flights do not leave out of the same terminal as the major carriers like AA and UA. You need to Wiki Wiki bus it to that terminal.

If your flight from TX arrives after 10, your luggage will be at baggage claim because there is no flight to add it to.

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

I looked up old reviews of hotel right at the airport and this one is ok!

ohanahotelsoahu.com/ohana_honolulu_airport/i…

Canada
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

Sadly this is now out of your hands . If the flights go off as scheduled....you will be spending a night at a HNL Airport Hotel.The Ohana is indeed the best of a dismal bunch.

If on the off chance you end up with enough time to connect...I would NOT seek out the WikiWiki bus....It is a pokey mode of transportation at HNL that they are in the process of phasing out.A brisk direct walk will serve one best in most situations.

You don't mention the name of the Airline that you will be arriving in on....United gates are as a rule the furthest from the Inter-Island terminal....with Delta being somewhat closer...if not the closest. HA to LIH often flies out of 57.... But clearly that changes.

The airline should compensate you for your expenses incurred as a result of this delay, flight change fees, O/N Hotel, meals, transportation etc. Your credit card may also have delay coverages.

Safe Travels.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 02:07
all over
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

I am flying UA. Im on the place now from SFO to HNL. We shall see....

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

If its weather delays, airlines don't have to compensate, is my understanding....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

forget the wiki wiki bus. It's much faster to just walk to the other terminal. The airport isn't tiny but it's hardly IAH or DFW.

http://hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-information

But you're not likely to need to bother running through the airport anyway. Looks like you are on UA 568 due in at 10:07 though doesn't look like you're in the air yet. There's no chance you'll make that last flight barring a miracle. Might be better to root for a longer delay. At least you'll be sitting in a comfy airline seat with free drinks instead of HNL airport.

Best to find a place to crash in HNL. Or settle in until the 5:30 AM flight tomorrow. Switching in HNL carries this risk. We all do it from time to time, but the risk is real.

Not sure just what UA owes you if anything for flight delays:

…dot.gov/publications/flyrights.htm#delayed

There are rules re bumping, but being delayed doesn't have any Federal penalties or requirements. No cost to ask UA, esp if you are paying for First Class. They have flexibility no doubt. Squeak wheel etc etc. Just know they have no legal obligations

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

United is at the far end of the main terminal. I would not mess with the Wiki Wiki shuttle either. Hoof it as fast as you can. Hawaiian is in the inter-island terminal connected to the main terminal.

If you need to stay the night at HNL, use the hotel jebett suggested. They have a free airport shuttle. We almost thought we'd need to stay one time, but got lucky!

Go! Airlines did not list any flights for this evening - probably sold out, but they used to have a flight about 9:30 pm.

Good luck!

3Chihuahuas

all over
Level Contributor
451 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a flight after 10:00 pm from HNL

Now this flight is delayed due to mechanical error. Ugh. What a long freaking day.