We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Zipline.

Miami
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Best Zipline.

Hi Everyone!

I will be visiting Kauai for the first time in May and will be staying in Haena on the North Shore.

Does anyone have any suggestions or prefrences on what the best zipline company to use?

Would love to do that while we're there.

THANKS! =)

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
680 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Zipline.

Princeville Ranch is a good one and they are located on the north shore.

I have only used them and noone else. we had a good time.

Alaska
Level Contributor
193 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Zipline.

We stay on the South side and love the Outfitters Hawaii zipline that ends with a dual line that is 1800' long. Got to film each other going across (when we were not going upside down). Doing it again in a few weeks.

Seattle
Level Contributor
764 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Zipline.

We did Just Live. It was about 5 miles west of Lihue on highway 50. Excellent staff and the course was great.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Zipline.

All of them get good reviews. Since you're in Haena I would go with Princeville Adventures. We've used them twice and they were great.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Zipline.

We have done the Just Live Eco and the Princeville Zip and Dip. We enjoyed both. The Just Live Eco is maybe 10-15 minutes from Poipu (only a mile or so from the Tunnel of trees). The zips are shorter, but once you leave, you are off the ground 60-80 feet in the air until the last zip. The Princeville (North Shore) has a lot longer zips. After 5 or so zips, you break at a waterfall for some swimming and a light lunch. Then finish with 3-4 more zips. I was a little nervous about zipping.

After seeing all the safety equipment, I had no fear.

I've heard good things about Kauai (Back-Country?) Zip line as well.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Zipline.

OK - just looked at Outfitters Hawaii and they have a couple to choose from. For someone who has never zip lined before, which one would you recommend? I'm OK with heights and the thrill so which one will be fun, safe and not overly frightening? Hah! :)

Thanks

Lorio

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Zipline.

Princeville, great location and very good staff

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Zipline.

Outfitters! Zipline Trek Nui Loa was awesome!!!

Edited: 07 April 2012, 17:52
9. Re: Best Zipline.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:42