We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass Beach?

Satellite Beach, FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Glass Beach?

Has anyone heard or been to Glass Beach in Kauai? I would like to visit, but I don't know how to get there or if it is accessible? Any information is welcome!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass Beach?

It's in the Hanapepe, Port Allen area. I had wanted to go there on my visit but never made it. If you copy & paste the link to the on line album I did using my Interisland Helicopter trip it is shown in photo 95 from a distance that will show an approximate location, and in 97 we were directly over it. There is a road through an industrial area right to it. copy & paste for photos.

http://tinyurl.com/eynzh

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass Beach?

We did go to glass beach in Feb. You can park at the industrial area and walk down a short road to the beach. Some people had driven down, but it was really pot-holey and we didn't want to risk it.

Continue up the hill past glass beach to the cemetary. You can climb down onto the rocks from there, where the blue book describes the old garbage dump where motors and large rusting pieces of machinery are.

I actually found it quite sad and didn't want to hang around too long.

Apparently, you're not supposed to take the glass from the beach, but there was a group of 4 or 5 people collecting big bags of it.

Satellite Beach, FL
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass Beach?

Thanks for the pictures and the information!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass Beach?

You are very welcome, enjoy Kauai, it sure is a beautiful place.