We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Truck Now White

California
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Truck Now White

A week or so ago there was a conversation here about the blue food truck in Koloa. My daughter just told me that on Keone's Facebook there's a picture of the truck now painted white with a Kauai Food Truck sign out in front.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Truck Now White

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've not been out of the house for about 4-5 days due to a bad bronchial infection - so I haven't had a chance to check it out for you yet!

Tomorrow morning first thing I'm heading to Doctor Murray's office and I'll be sure to see what the "scoops" is in terms of the food truck there and let you know!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 23 April 2012, 00:02
California
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Truck Now White

Thanks, Janet!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Truck Now White

I just got home from church and was going to post the same thing!...I told you that paint job before was thin.....anyway it is now very definitely white! Same truck, same place

Edited: 23 April 2012, 01:15
Hollister...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Truck Now White

Can someone please post or private message me the link to his Facebook page?

Thanks! :)

California
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Truck Now White

facebook.com/pages/…265762943508749

I think this is what you want.

Nope, that doesn't seem to work--sorry.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 01:50
Hollister...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Truck Now White

Thank you!! I think I found it...?

https:/…265762943508749

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Truck Now White

That is definitely it! See it e every day - except that most days I don't even look! They have several of those colored chairs as well as two picnic tables to sit at in and near the shade - kind of fun!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Truck Now White

OK - so fill me in! What Food Truck? Where? Doesn't sound like the shrimp truck which is the only one I'm aware of.

You know me - that's right up our alley and a "must" for upcoming trip.

BARBARA

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Truck Now White

Barb, it is at the corner of Maluhia Rd (Tree Tunnel) and Koloa Rd. And right across from Sueoka's. Good food. Signs (hand printed) say Koloa Mill Diner.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 19:40
Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Truck Now White

I saw it on Saturday, and it was definitely white. We got there too late for food (had poke from Suokea's), but they were taking photos of themselves with the truck, so expect new photos on fb sometime.

We walked around by the truck, I'd never seen the ruins of the sugar mill before. The big banyon tree is growing out of these underground cellars, the old basement (boiler room maybe) of the mill. Watch where you walk.