We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

Boulder, CO
14 posts
Save Topic
Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

Hoping someone can help me out with this... I have been seeing conflicting information on who is operating non-sailing Na Pali trips out of Hanalei in late May - early June. I thought Na Pali Explorer did, but I just learned via email that all of their boats leave from Waimea. Does anyone know who is running Hanalei departures?

California
Level Contributor
9,212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

http://www.napalicatamaran.com/ Hope this helps.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

here is another

holoholokauaiboattours.com/kauai_boat_tours/…

Chicago
Level Contributor
510 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

I've been trying to figure this out too.

I called Napali Explorer and they are still working on getting permission to depart from the North Shore, and were going to call me back when they found out, but I haven't heard from them.

Kauai North Shore Charters is who we are using in a couple weeks. They seem great and get good reviews. They depart from Anini Beach. http://kauainorthshorecharters.com/

There is also NaPali Coast Hanalei. Their website is terrible but I got a very nice e-mail response from them. http://www.napalitours.com/

Both of these companies have small boats that hold only 13 passengers or so and can go into the sea caves.

I was actually thinking of starting a thread that compiles all the North Shore Napali tour options in one place because it is a little tricky to hunt around for it. So maybe this can be that thread!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

We did an afternoon Napali coast trip with North Shore Charters a few weeks ago and thought it was great. It's a ride, especially on the return into the current and wind, but totally worth it. Mike, the boat Capt, was terrific in handling both boat and the guests. The benefit of being in a smaller boat based from the north shore meant shorter commute time on the boat and access into 3 amazing sea caves along the way. Mike literally backed into one cave quite a way, easing us past a jaw dropping waterfall flowing thru a hole in the roof of the cave. Memorable. Snorkeling was not worth it for me, as it was just ok and that day the water was choppy and a little murky. Hang on tight and have a great time, take a waterproof camera as your nice one won't make it out of the dry bag they provide unless you're sitting still.

Chicago
Level Contributor
510 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

Good to hear you liked North Shore Charters, pixelmonkey. I'm glad we're booked with them!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

Used Na Pali tours and their "UFO" boat last July. Great crew and by way of a huge mix up, we had the entire boat to ourselves! With 13, it might be a bit crowded.

Central CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

We took the Na Pali tour on the UFO and had a great time in October 2012. The boat holds 8 people and is a twin hull 28' "catamaran". There were 6 people on the tour and two captains. The boat is small enough to go inside the caves and under the waterfall which is fun. They provided a pre-made deli sandwich and drinks which was really good (not Costco). They also provided snorkel gear and about a 30-40 minute snorkel time. Saw 5 turtles and a fair amount of fish. The captains were fun and informative and the boat fairly smooth. It is nice that it leaves out of Hanalei as it is a very short ride across the bay to the start of the Na Pali coast. It would be a long ride from the south island. Highly recommend by all that were on the tour with us.

8. Re: Na Pali trip leaving from Hanalei in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:16