We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to book these tours through

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Who to book these tours through

A good friend who lived in Hawaii for some time suggested that on Kauai I do these tours, just looking with whom to book and how far in advance you think?

1. Sail Boat/snorkel cruise the Nepali Coast

2. Go tubing on top of the mountain

3. Zip line ( think I'm going to use backcountry they look the best)

4. Waimea Canyons

5. Snorkel off the beach in Hanalei

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who to book these tours through

Na Pali Coast: www.napalicatamaran.com

Tubing: www.kauaibackcountry.com

Zipping: www.outfitterskauai.com or Kauai Backcountry

Waimea Canyon: On your own--You are renting a car???

Snorkeling: No snorkeling in Hanalei but closeby at Ke'e or Tunnels. If you want a guide, ask Mike Rodger at www.kauaiexperience.com

When are you going? Me, I like to book as soon as I know my dates.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who to book these tours through

Right now we have a jeep rental on Kauai...we could pick an excursion when we booked the trip and my husband picked that but we can change it if we want....

We will be on Kauai June 27- July 1

Edited: 07 May 2012, 00:48
California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who to book these tours through

I'm not sure which excursion your husband picked,(?), but you'll be there soon--three days after me : ) I'd book any excursions you want now!

Have fun! Are you staying on the North Shore?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who to book these tours through

He booked the jeep. We are going for an awards trip and out of many like zip lining, atv rentals, hiking etc....one was a jeep rental for the whole time we are on the island and he chose that. We are staying at the grand Hyatt Kauai. We will be in Maui and Oahu first landing on Maui on the 21st....

Edited: 07 May 2012, 01:04
California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who to book these tours through

Oh, I get it. Since you're staying on the South Shore, you might want to do the Na Pali tour from the west unless you're early risers and want to make the morning tour in Hanalei.(If you did that, you could spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying the North Shore.) Check out www.napali.com We're going to take the dinner cruise on the Southern Star this summer. Have heard it's great!

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Who to book these tours through

For Na Pali boat trips, I'd go from the west shore unless like 22kauai said you get up real early, I think Na Pali Catamaran leaves about 7:30am and you have to check in beforehand. I've used both Captain Andy's and Holo Holo, both are very good, and the new Southern Star, although a few dollars more, is getting amazing reviews. have a wonderful trip.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who to book these tours through

Since we are staying where we are would it be better to see the coast via helicopter? A 5hr boat ride sounds exhausting

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who to book these tours through

I love the heli and done it several times. But you do get a very different perspective of the cliffs from the ocean.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
924 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who to book these tours through

you also might like going up on Wings over Kauai and pay 1/2 the price of a Helicopter Ride, You will get a window seat and if your lucky one will sit up front next to the pilot, I did and it was a blast. you will fly over Waimea canyon, you will fly along the Napali Coast over Ke'e beach and Tunnels, you will see the Wailua Falls from overhead, Very cool Pictures from up above it, and if possible ask for Bruce the Owner he will show you where you are staying from above. I highly recommend the tour, take the money you save and go out and enjoy a great dinner.

http://www.wingsoverkauai.com/

10. Re: Who to book these tours through

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:42