We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Topic
Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

The Garden Island News has an update regarding the ponds at Lydgate Beach Park:

thegardenisland.com/news/local/morgan-s-pond…

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

so very sad. We always like to go to Lydgate to get familiar with snorkeling again before going up North or to Poipu. Are there any other suggestions for places to go near there for our first few days of vacation in August ?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

In August, if you are in Kapa'a area and want a place to go to get familiar with snorkeling again, you could go a few miles north to Anahola Beach Park and drive to parking area past life guard station. There is an area there that is typically calm due to a reef a distance off shore.

You will not see much, if any, aquatic life there but likely would be a decent area to practice snorkeling.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
919 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

here is a link to Anahola beach park

to-hawaii.com/kauai/beaches/anaholabeach.php

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

Any updates on Lydgate? I know it's only been ten days but I wondered if the status had changed any. Thanks

Edited: 23 May 2012, 05:40
The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

Thanks CTinAZ - I will keep that in mind - we are staying east side for the first 5 days - so that will be a good option.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

we were there on Sun and it was still closed. But I guess it could have reopened by now.

7. Re: Update on Lydgate Beach Ponds 5/12/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:15