We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Museum Tour

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
800 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Museum Tour

Thank you, Janet, for the wonderfully informative tour @ the museum this morning! You handled the "extra pressure" with the same graciousness you answer so many TA questions with. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope our paths cross on a future visit. To anyone genuinely interested in Kauai history, take the time to visit the museum in Lihue.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Museum Tour

I'll second that! The museum is a MUST DO! Meeting Janet is pretty cool too!

For even more history, do a Grove Farm Homestead tour and when in Hanalei, visit the Wai‘oli Mission House (way back behind the Wai‘oli Church).

http://www.grovefarm.net/

www.hawaiimuseums.org/mc/iskauai_waioli.htm

3Chihuahuas

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Museum Tour

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Kala mai - I just now saw this post - I'm afraid I missed it earlier in the week!

It was fun to have 2 TA folks on my tour this week - and I'm really glad that you enjoyed it!

The Kaua'i Museum is a wonderful place that too few people take the time to check out - there are 2 buildings worth of things to look at as well as videos, so don't just think you can run through it in 15 minutes while you are killing time to go to the airport! lol

If you have any interest at all in the history of Kaua'i you should definitely take the time to visit!

All of our docents are wonderful - I'm a comparative newbie there to them so I appreciate your kind words!

Malama Pono,

Janet

3. Re: Kauai Museum Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:16