We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honopu/Awa'awapuhi Trails

NY
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honopu/Awa'awapuhi Trails

I will be traveling to Kauai shortly and was wondering if there are any companies/experienced individuals which offer organized excursions to either of these trails. They look absolutely outstanding and it would be helpful to have someone show us around!

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honopu/Awa'awapuhi Trails

I always recommend the hikekauaiwithme.com guiding service. Eric always seems to get good reviews. A private guide is pricey for 1 or 2 people, but not so much if you are a group. Otherwise, I don't think there are any regular excursions on trails (the way there are bus tours or boat tours every day).

I will say that the 'Awa'awapuhi trail is well used and easy to find and do by yourself. You can look for information online. Honopu is a bit harder, but the last time I went it was better than before. With a little research or a guide book, you could still do it. On the other hand, a guide will take care of everything and let you enjoy the scenery.

Another option are the Sierra Club led hikes. You could get lucky if they are going to your chosen destination during the time you are there:

hi.sierraclub.org/kauai/outings/index.html

2. Re: Honopu/Awa'awapuhi Trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:17