We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are booked!!!!!

california
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
We are booked!!!!!

Now I just have three hundred and something days to count down! But I wouldn't be here without all the help/tips/advice/trip reports/etc I have received on here, so yay!

We are staying 4 nights at The Villas at Poipu Kai in a 3 bd/3ba poolside unit. I had many conversations with someone from their reservations crew help me out and we were able to find the best unit, offering an ocean view. They were kind enough to send me a picture of the ocean view from the lanai and I was sold!

Then we will be staying 4 nights at the Hanalei Bay Resort in a 3bd/3ba:

http://www.summitpacificinc.com/430123.html

We are stoked! I can't wait! I graduate from nursing school in May (2013) and this trip is a gift from my in-laws, I feel lucky!

california
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are booked!!!!!

Not sure if I can make this work for you to see, but here's a try anyway, the lanai view:

https:/…

from the Villas

Edited: 26 June 2012, 18:03
Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are booked!!!!!

second link didn't work, but the first link shows pictures from the Lanai no?

Congratulations you are going to love it on Kauai

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are booked!!!!!

How exciting! =D Have a great time!!!

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are booked!!!!!

When in May again??? Maybe its when I will be there....

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: We are booked!!!!!

I think you made great choices for your group, Honeymooner, and it is going to be a fabulous trip!

Your VPK link doesn't lead me to a photo. I will just say, set your expectations low for your view. You will have a lot between you and the ocean (trees and rooftops of other complexes), and it will not be a sweeping view. However, working with the staff to get the best one possibly like you have will definitely get you ocean visible from your unit. I don't say this to rain on your parade at all- it is a lovely complex. It is just good not to be disappointed when you arrive because the picture in your head doesn't match the reality. VPK has many advantages, and you will have the ocean-side experience at HBR. You are going to love having three bedrooms all with their own bath, too.

california
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are booked!!!!!

Jebett~ we are going in June!

Annimag~ I know it's not a grand view, nothing like we will treated to from hbr but the picture they sent me from the lanai isn't bad, as long as we can see some ocean it'll be fine! Our decision for the villas wasn't view, it was the open plantation style, and three bedrooms three bathrooms and location. I'm so excited!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We are booked!!!!!

You are going to have such a great time!

8. Re: We are booked!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 05:16